Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Thanks to Mikey from Rapid Motorsports!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to Mikey from Rapid Motorsports!

Recently, my transmission went bad in my Z28 so I decided to swap it out for a manual. I was originally going to do the work myself, but after seeing how much time it would take and for the fact that myself or anyone I know doesn't have a heated garage, I decided to take it to Mikey.

I had him swap transmissions as well as put a true dual exhaust system on. Everything was done perfect! There wasn't any torn up carpet or fluid spills anywhere on the inside, where as most mechanics wouldn't take the time to keep everything clean and how it should be. He even kept the car in the garage while we had those two snowstorms as well! Mike did a great job of taking care of the car! If anyone is looking for someone to take their car to in PA, Mike is your guy.

As for the swap, I haven't ever had this much fun driving my car. It is my first vehicle to be a manual and it is a blast. Pretty easy to learn on and get the hang of quick. The true dual system sounds amazing! It's the system from TSP with Sweet Thunders that are dumped before the axle. Although it has quite a bit amount of drone, it is definately worth the switch from a traditional Y-pipe set-up. It has a very unique sound to it that is unlike any cat-back I have heard. I guess I could describe it as a clean and smooth sound. Oh, and it is loouuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!

Thanks again to Mikey and for anyone who is thinking of taking their cars to him, DO IT! You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

You can't say enough good things about Mikey!! Top notch guy, Top notch service. I will be brining my car back soon for heads install.
Congrats on the new found driving experiance
Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Glad your happy with how it turned out. ENJOY!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks Kyle. We really appreciate the business.

Mike
Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

+ 100 for Mikey,he did heads & cam for me.Great guy excellent work. Now if this snow would just go away so I can try it out.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlk1950
+ 100 for Mikey,he did heads & cam for me.Great guy excellent work. Now if this snow would just go away so I can try it out.
what kind of numbers did it put down?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nsty98LS1
what kind of numbers did it put down?
I picked up almost 60 rwhp over my cc305 cam only.It made 342 rwhp / 321 rwtq.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to Mikey from Rapid Motorsports!-scan0001.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Teching In

yes, Mikey is deff the man in PA.....he will always have my business
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28
Recently, my transmission went bad in my Z28 so I decided to swap it out for a manual. I was originally going to do the work myself, but after seeing how much time it would take and for the fact that myself or anyone I know doesn't have a heated garage, I decided to take it to Mikey.

I had him swap transmissions as well as put a true dual exhaust system on. Everything was done perfect! There wasn't any torn up carpet or fluid spills anywhere on the inside, where as most mechanics wouldn't take the time to keep everything clean and how it should be. He even kept the car in the garage while we had those two snowstorms as well! Mike did a great job of taking care of the car! If anyone is looking for someone to take their car to in PA, Mike is your guy.

As for the swap, I haven't ever had this much fun driving my car. It is my first vehicle to be a manual and it is a blast. Pretty easy to learn on and get the hang of quick. The true dual system sounds amazing! It's the system from TSP with Sweet Thunders that are dumped before the axle. Although it has quite a bit amount of drone, it is definately worth the switch from a traditional Y-pipe set-up. It has a very unique sound to it that is unlike any cat-back I have heard. I guess I could describe it as a clean and smooth sound. Oh, and it is loouuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!

Thanks again to Mikey and for anyone who is thinking of taking their cars to him, DO IT! You won't be disappointed.
Thank you for the information.

How much did the transmission parts cost, what was the make and model of the transmission, where did you purchase them, and how much did the labor cost just for the transmission swap? Thank you in advance for the info.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Mikey from Rapid Motorsports!