Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Someone crashed into my 2009 Subaru Legacy GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Someone crashed into my 2009 Subaru Legacy GT

WTF... the chick fiance was sitting there in my car at a stop light and BOOM; someone smashes into the back of my car......figures. I rather have my car banged up then hers though, she never had a new car and just got a new WRX.

Oh well, just got to open the claim and see how things go. As least they didnt mess up the clear film paint protection on the front end.

Michelle said the guy was pretty sorry, admitted that it was his fault and gave his cell phone number incase we need any extra info or want to talk to him. I have seen people act nice then change within hours so I'll hold my breath on that. At least this wont cost me any money.....I just want the car put back together with the attention to detail that I have. I'm going to look for orange peel, seam gaps and everything else. It's not the accident but rather the paint/body work that makes me nervous, no one does a good enough job in my eyes.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man. My wife is in love with Legacy GT's. Hopefully we will get her one soon. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously wtf is going on. All these rearend accidents. I'm afraid to drive any car. How bad is it?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Humanitarian

New bumper, fenders, trunk lid (with hinges), new body shell inside the trunk area. It's not that bad but it still isnt like just a tail light.

Michelle was pulling out of a place she had lunch at.....stopped to let the guys drive by her so she could hop on the road and the guy behind her thought she was gonna go and he gunned his Jeep Wrangler. Her elbow and back is sore but she doesnt want to be a cry baby and go after the insurance for money. I told her to give it 5 days and see if it's still sore.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

Sucks Joe sounds like what happened to the back of my vehicle. Sucks even more its such a new car. Atleast he openly admitted it and its an obvious collision. My neck was sore for a couple days, but don't wait long if the pain is really bothering her. Your insurance should take care of you at this point. Did the police show up or did she already file the accident report?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

if she is sore i would go to doctors. that way there is record of the pain. in case something were to flare up later down the road. it sucks but have to keep record of everything and make sure all in writing.

sorry to hear about the car but at least everyone is ok.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Humanitarian

She didnt call the cops because no one was hurt (she didnt even start to feel pain until the next day). She said with her arm it's the same feeling as you would get in your leg with "restless leg syndrome" which is probably one of the worst feelings you'll ever put up with.

If there is still pain today she's going to make an appointment for tomorrow late afternoon.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's bc when it happened her adrenaline was probably wound up like crazy. Now that she has fully calmed down and relaxed she will obviously start feeling any little pain she has. Hopefully she's FULLY ok. Those kind of situations suck for sure
Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Well Joe, were jinxed man.

Wife just called me. Backing out of a parking spot, put it in D, then bam. Some other lady hit her also backing out. Both are saying its the others fault. My wife had a friend that saw it and said she was at a stop when she was hit. So i dunno. From talking to her its bumper, fender, trunk lid all f'ed up.

Dude will it ever end.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Humanitarian

Wow!!!!!

It doesnt really matter what happened, your wife's car was hit from the rear, case closed....the other driver is at fault.

So I guess I'm not alone, now the better question is....who's next!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Wow!!!!!

It doesnt really matter what happened, your wife's car was hit from the rear, case closed....the other driver is at fault.

So I guess I'm not alone, now the better question is....who's next!
Yeah well both cars impacted on the rear bumpers, so technically both are hit from the rear. We'll get it fixed and battle it out as we go. Its in a parking lot, no police, worst case it will just be a deductible and no points. But based on what i'm hearing it should be a not at fault (and she has a witness).

I just saw the damage, I think its just the bumper and supports, fenders look ok. couple grand and a new paint job should be ok. fairly minor in comparison.

i just can't get over how many damn accidents are going around.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
8 second mod

my local guy here is unreal!!! perfection isnt a question. he is very very good. he does most of my work unless he is to bussy and its a work truck and its not a big deal.
my cars and stuff, he does it all and is great. if you want some info, let me know
Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i always have the police come for an accident no matter how minor. as long as its not my fault.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry to hear this DIESO. I'm glad Michelle is ok!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i always have the police come for an accident no matter how minor. as long as its not my fault.
Same. If its their fault I immediately call the cops for a report.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you guys are all cursed!! Stay away from me. LOL

Glad to hear everyone's ok!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
In MD( I work for a county Sheriff'S Office) if its just property damage between two vehicles and no injuries, all we do is fill out an information exchange form, check to make sure both have current tags insurance and registration and licensing and thats it. We take no report regarding the accident, no statements etc. If everything checks out we make sure both parties have each others info and move along. If its a personal injury accident its another story.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
In MD( I work for a county Sheriff'S Office) if its just property damage between two vehicles and no injuries, all we do is fill out an information exchange form, check to make sure both have current tags insurance and registration and licensing and thats it. We take no report regarding the accident, no statements etc. If everything checks out we make sure both parties have each others info and move along. If its a personal injury accident its another story.
Yup thats what they do here at most. Well that is if they even come...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

My story gets even better Joe. Let the wife drive the Envoy to work i just got. She comes out around 9pm to go home, some ****** stole 2 of my center caps on my wheels. Seriously WTF man.