Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need some help with my SS in Franklin/Somerset NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with my SS in Franklin/Somerset NJ

I posted this in my local forum but no one really seemed to say much. Its my 01 SS.

So my car won't start. I went out to the car one morning to go to work, and try to start the car and no crank. p1626 code. Got a new key, still nothing. Jumped the starter relay, got a single click and nothing else.

Figuring either bcm or ignition cylinder, but honestly know nothing about electrical and could really use a hand at least diagnosing the problem. I know its as simple as finding x wire and measuring the voltage to here or there, but to be honest I have absolutely no idea about any of that stuff or where to find what wire etc.

Obviously willing to pay you in cash, beer, food, whatever. Since I cant get the car started, i would need the person to come here which once again, I'd compensate you for. Just dont want to go throwing parts at it and finding out after all the effort that it was just a pinched wire or something stupid.

Like said, it's in Franklin Park in my girlfriends apartment complex and I work till 3 6 days a week but can probably call out if necessary. Thanks

Also, maybe if someone could recommend a shop nearby that does good work that I could get the car towed to and have looked at/fixed, that could work. Not really looking to send it to cartek or anything though since they are more of a performance, not repair oriented place.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you cant figure it out let me know. I have a cheap tow guy and we could deff look at it for you. Usually stuff like that is easy to figure out and fix.