Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Saw "IRON MAN" last night...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saw "IRON MAN" last night...........

It was pretty good. Kinda slow in the beginning, plot was "ok" at best, disappointing to see another movie revolve around his chest piece (power source).
Some very cool scenes, Mickey Rourke actually played a pretty good Russian Scientist role, right down to the accent.
FWIW, I give it a 3 outta 5-was expecting alot more and the end fight scene was over before it started. :
Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

I thought it was decent for a sequel. End fight seen was definitely anti-climactic but I didn't mind because the chase scene before it was 3x longer than it should have been. Worth seeing though if you liked the first.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

did u guys see the the extra clip after the credits?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

ahhhh man! I waited around for a while and then decided to leave because I didn't think anything would happen
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

hahaha yes i heard it was there so i stayed and stayed and it was...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

What was the last clip. I left! watched it last night. Thought it was awesome
Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

should i post it up??? i dont wana wreck it for anyone who has not saw it!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
9 Second Club

post it up!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

IF YOUR ARE GONNNA GO SEE IRON MAN II THERE IS A CLIP AFTER THE CREDITS. DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT!

FOR YOU GUYS THAT DID NOT SEE THE EXTRA CLIP READ BELOW vvvvv

Ok well the extra clip is...

well you know the special agent guy that was in I and II. well he had to leave on the special assinment and tony stark wanted to know what it was. he wouldn't tell and left. well the last clip is a car driving tru the this open feild in New mexico. the car pulls up and the agent gets out of the car. he looks down to this open area where all these guys are working. there is this big dug out pit, and in the pit you see the handle of THORS hammer. he gets on the phone and makes a call and tells someone they finaly found it.
so the last clip totaly sets up the movie THOR! i cant wait. shoudl be a good movie as well all the marvel movies are amazing!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard it was decent....kind of like Transformers 2 where the first one was so popular you get the feeling they made the second one just because they knew they would have a large following. A bunch of cgi and cool graphics but nothing special.

Transformers 2 was alright, I wanted to leave early to get out of the parking lot early; I really wasnt impressed or even content with it.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

All of marvels follow ups kinda flop all the first ones are good and then all of a sudden the next one comes out and its not as good because the hype is to high. I enjoyed iron man just say it at 1
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do not compare TF2 to Iron Man. My god. TF2 was a pile of dog crap. Compared to Iron Man.

I saw Iron Man 2 last night. Great movie. a little wordy like said and not enough action. But it has a lot of plot points that have to be picked up to know that this is just part of a larger movie grouping and fleshed out who the people are in the movie..And they did not just make this just because. It was made for the final idea..The Avengers movie.

I am probably the comic book geek here posting. And Iron Man is my favorite hero by far. And this is true to the comic in so many ways. And I had was very guarded when I walked in expecting the worse and comming out surprised that it met my expectations of what I was hoping for and I was hoping for a lot.

what was said about the whole thing revolving around his chest piece well that was the whole idea of Iron Man when he came out. The comic was Iron Man finding the bad guy and trying to defeat him before his power ran out and he died.

SPOILERS@!@!@! ALERT!!#@!@#@
So as far as some of the goodies.
Caps Sheild. Or the workings of it.
Nick Fury's little hide out. They had maps on screens with circles where superhuman things are . Also did you see the HULK news footage being played. In continuity Hulk takes place right during this movie.
And Thor's Hammer at the end. so cool

But that ends my little spoiler thoughts..I will be going to see this again in IMAX next time.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
what was said about the whole thing revolving around his chest piece well that was the whole idea of Iron Man when he came out. The comic was Iron Man finding the bad guy and trying to defeat him before his power ran out and he died.
Well shame on me for not knowing that.
I read Iron Man comics as a kid but didn't know that point about the power/death thing.

I'll retract that statement in this case-would've enjoyed the movie a little more had I been aware of that and it's the first thing I thought of during the beginning of the movie.
I was like "this movie is gonna revolve around this chest piece too?"
Well no ****-why wouldn't it?
Thanks for the Iron Man education today!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Saw the Movie last night.It was alright.Had good parts.Had some boring long parts.War Machine is cool.At least in the 3rd movie if there is one it wont be about his power source again hopefully.Its fixed / end story.And why is Nick Fury black???
Old 05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Tek,

hope I didnt come off that way..all comic geeky haha. Just pointing out a fun fact of the early comics. In the 70's and 80's those little discs on the yellow and red armor. those were recharging discs he would place them on anything to try and charge up. And go kick some more butt.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UnyI8N9xtE...n-Man-inks.jpg

Fury is black in the Ultimates Universe. An alternate timeline of Marvel that kinda gives them a more modern and updated look. They just tured Fury from n old white guy to a Bad Mother F#kr" ..well thats what it says on the wallet.

Last edited by Z28 Autobot; 05-09-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
Hey Tek,

hope I didnt come off that way..all comic geeky haha. Just pointing out a fun fact of the early comics. In the 70's and 80's those little discs on the yellow and red armor. those were recharging discs he would place them on anything to try and charge up. And go kick some more butt.
No no, not at all-when you're right you're right.
I'm glad you told me because now I understand it better. I had no idea.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by tektrans
No no, not at all-when you're right you're right.
I'm glad you told me because now I understand it better. I had no idea.
I didn't know any of this either.
I would have thought the same thing as Tektrans.

Glad I read this before I saw the movie.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

It's cool they're starting to link the marvel movies, perhaps they will get enough ***** to make a Civil War Movie before this decade is over
Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

People need to quit hating on TF2 that movie was the bees knees. I went to that movie to see big robots beating the heck out of each other, a smexy chick running around, and then more robots fighting and dying...that's what i got, wtf do you guys want from KABOOM michael bay? lol he made 2 great transformers movies and I can't wait for the 3rd.

Iron Man 2 had some great scenes, some decent action. Rourke did a wonderful job as a russian scientist...the movie was kinda lame because there wasn't as much action as I would have wanted, and the end fight was pretty lame...but i give the movie an 8-10 just because it was entertaining enough and my complaints are just little things..

and thor can suck it.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by c-dub
People need to quit hating on TF2 that movie was the bees knees. I went to that movie to see big robots beating the heck out of each other, a smexy chick running around, and then more robots fighting and dying...that's what i got, wtf do you guys want from KABOOM michael bay? lol he made 2 great transformers movies and I can't wait for the 3rd.
Why are so many people hating on TF. To the point of many movies sites giving it worst movie of the year? Its because it sucked.

Sure the action was great..but what else? Megan Fox? Ok distraction number 2..and what else?

Ok how bout the story? There was none. Ok maybe one a 2nd grader can write up. It SUCKED..and yes a good movie needs a story. Editing and mistakes. It is a Sci Fi movie but there are boundaries and those boundaries were just tossed out the window along with the script. But if you dont mind things that get messed up editing..ie: going from D.C. to an airfeild graveyard by knocking down a wall. Or how about Constructicons that formed Devistator yet somehow still were fighting one on one with Autobots in the same timeline..the twins. give me a break.shall I go on???

I am a huge TF fan..hence the screen name..I expected more from Bay than this 12 year old wankfest..There is better stories and continuity in the comic and cartoon than there was in this so called "pro" movie.

And you know what..the TF community spoke up ..Hasbro listened and Bay got a talking to ..and I hope that 3 is much better. But if anything I liked the 1st movie..this was a dud and hope that Bay can redeem himself in part 3.