Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

275 Drag Radial crewmember/mechanic needed in MD – will be compensated for time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 275 Drag Radial crewmember/mechanic needed in MD – will be compensated for time.

We are looking for an experienced individual to perform general maintenance and mechanical work on our nitrous 275 drag radial car and our other classic cars. Our business is growing and the time we have to get the car ready for races has decreased. We need somebody who is experienced with nitrous combinations, and knows how to maintain a racecar. The following skills are necessary:

-Light fabrication work (brackets, etc)
-Knowledge of simple electronics (relays, wring)
-Mechanical knowledge (transmission removal/replacement, valve lash adjustment)
-Light MIG/TIG welding
-Light machine work

Please do not respond to this ad if you don’t feel you are qualified. We have several other cars that we need to have maintained (classic muscle street cars), and this will be a part of the job.

Ability to go to the track with us is preferred, and the hours will be mostly in the evening. This is NOT a full time job, but rather a job that will require a few nights during the week and maybe a Saturday or Sunday.

Pay will be based on qualifications. Once again, this is not a full time job. We are looking for an enthusiast who wants to be a part of a successful operation. We only race a few times a month. We will perform a background check as we have to feel comfortable with the individual coming to our shop which is behind our home.

Please email me at cra@kingauto.com or PM me.

Located in Gaithersburg, MD.

Thank you.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baller !!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck man. Let me know next time you go to the track and ill meet you out there and try to get that thing rolling down the track. I used to have an 8.8 nitrous camaro about 3-4 years ago. Id be glad to help you out..... Just not pushing this time haha. That **** is heavy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
8 Second Club

We got our transmission issues figured out, and got it to run 135 in the eight with a 5.4 ET. Made a gear swap and going to try it again.

Our business is expanding, and these long days don't give me much time to prep the car. I need to be spending my time on tuning and fabrication, I just don't have the time for general stuff anymore.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 PM
8 Second Club

To the top.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

im interesterd, i built the notch in a garage, had nitrous on my old camaro, and i live in new market