Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Some lady hit me in Bloomsburg

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some lady hit me in Bloomsburg

Buckhorn area right after you get off 80 and towards Walmart. She ran the red light and I saw her coming and floored it. Thankfully it only tagged my left rear, but I didn't hear any breaks, so she was probably going 40-45. Spun me around almost 360 degrees, engaged both curtain air bags and my seat air bag. Everyone was ok, but the potential for disaster was certainly there. I pretty much wanted to cry.

Got news yesterday that she does not have insurance, so everything but repairs is coming out of pocket for me I guess my insurance will open a suit with her, but who knows if I'll ever see any of it.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Teching In

That's horrible man! I had a woman in a Honda Pilot run a red light and clip off the front of my Focus last fall. If I hadn't had seen her coming and slammed on the brakes, she would've T-boned me right in my passenger door. She only hit the front bumper enough to rip it off though.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

I hope that cars totaled
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know if I'd be that lucky. If so however, I have all my stock parts, is it uncommon to swap the parts out or do they not let you touch it?

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
I hope that cars totaled
Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DAMN dude, sorry to hear it.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eskimo
DAMN dude, sorry to hear it.
I was on my way to the lube too.....
Old 06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by deft
I was on my way to the lube too.....
The lube your referring to is that Quakersteak and Lube?

My favorite restaurant, the one in State College closed down so I always try and stop at the one in Bloomsburg on my way home.

Sorry to hear about the car, hopefully everything works out in your favor.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your insurance should have EITHER Uninsured Motorist Property Damage or Collision. MOST states do not have both. PA is TYPICALLY a No Fault State so that means your company will deal with you and then go after her. As so as long as the info shows you not responsible.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

I'd kill her. I can't stand irresponsible people. You drive, you have insurance in case this happens. I hope you get your money back and then some.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Any lingering neck/back pains?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Your insurance should have EITHER Uninsured Motorist Property Damage or Collision. MOST states do not have both. PA is TYPICALLY a No Fault State so that means your company will deal with you and then go after her. As so as long as the info shows you not responsible.
Agree! If that car is financed it will be covered no bank will cover the loan on a car unless it is totally protected. So dont sweat the fact she doesnt have insurance. Thats for the law to deal with. Now if the car is paid off and you are cheap and decieded to eliminate uninsured motorist that just plain stupid on your part.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

Sucks man. I know what it feels like some bitch backed into my 2001 z28 parked at a gas station. I was 16 and only had the car for like 2 months.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, it was quaker steak.....I did get lunch there despite the unfortunate incident.

I do have uninsured motorist insurance, but from what I can tell that just means if they sue her (and she pays) I may get my deductible back. Police report is pretty solid as to what happened, my light was green for quite awhile as I yielded to oncoming traffic for my turn :-/

Unfortunately, and I have no facts yet, but people with no insurance tend to not have much money in general. I heard thus far she had a fine and lost her license, but will that get any money back for me?

My girlfriend wanted to attack the woman, but I assured her she is in an entire world of hurt for her crimes. It ruined a period of time for me, but nothing like she is dealing with......just wish it didn't take out my car in the process, you guys know how you feel about your cars and I'm the same

Also, no, no one was hurt at all, nor do we have any pains. I'm just glad everyone was alright.....sadly even though i consider it a friend cars are just things and people are irreplaceable.

It just sucks bad...I'm 25 and work hard every weekday for my money, this is a serious hit to my income and my lifestyle through no fault of my own

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine

Last edited by deft; 06-15-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deft
Yeah, it was quaker steak.....I did get lunch there despite the unfortunate incident.

I do have uninsured motorist insurance, but from what I can tell that just means if they sue her (and she pays) I may get my deductible back. Police report is pretty solid as to what happened, my light was green for quite awhile as I yielded to oncoming traffic for my turn :-/

Unfortunately, and I have no facts yet, but people with no insurance tend to not have much money in general. I heard thus far she had a fine and lost her license, but will that get any money back for me?

My girlfriend wanted to attack the woman, but I assured her she is in an entire world of hurt for her crimes. It ruined a period of time for me, but nothing like she is dealing with......just wish it didn't take out my car in the process, you guys know how you feel about your cars and I'm the same

Also, no, no one was hurt at all, nor do we have any pains. I'm just glad everyone was alright.....sadly even though i consider it a friend cars are just things and people are irreplaceable.

It just sucks bad...I'm 25 and work hard every weekday for my money, this is a serious hit to my income and my lifestyle through no fault of my own

I know exactly how you feel. I was hit not too long ago and the money had to come out of my pocket due to the ******* running. I'm 25 and getting married in 4 1/2 months
Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Just saw the post on PAtuned. Sucks dude, I hope everything works out in the end and you don't get screwed over on this.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is a shame, I am sorry that happened but glad you are ok. Insurance blows my mind, I've been fortunate to have not been in an accident where I was driving. I would be livid if I had to pay for that out of pocket. How innocent people get screwed is beyond me.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

I'd certainly cry. It's a sad sad sight for sure.

I hope everything works out for you without it being too much of a pain in the ***.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

For those that are curious, thats $10,600 of damage as of today. I wont have it back till July 15th.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow that blows
Old 06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats some major damage. how much was your deductible?