Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

got into a car accident in NH

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default got into a car accident in NH

the dumb b*tch i got into the accident with has NO INSURANCE. does this make her automatically at fault? i have insurance. who was at fault is up in the air at this point. the cop said he couldnt decalre who was or wasnt at fault at the scene.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugh sorry to hear hope you are ok. i think that if she doesnt have insurance she would be at fault, thats how it is here in jersey i think. hopefully you can get money out of her for the damages

-brandon
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It should be her fault. And there should be people to prove that she is the one that hit you. This guy cuts a red light and takes out my cousin. And they blammed us. You got pics?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So let's say you're sitting at a red light, stopped, but with no insurance. Some well insured douchebag hits you from behind. it's your fault automatically? Doubt it.

Hopefully she'll be cited for not having insurance, but...
Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

i guess in NH it isnt mandatory to have insurance.

this is what happened. i was sitting waiting to pull out on a busy single lane north + south highway. i finally got a break in the northbound side and there was only a few more cars in the southbound side so i got all the way out in the northbound side thinking the person 300+ yards away would slow down and wait to let me go a lil. instead she tried swerving around me crossing the solid double yellow line, i pulled out to go southbound and i hit her as she tried swerving around me. the ******* ***** witness who apparently has nothing else better to do is yelling and hollering i just pulled out without even looking and hit her. (i wanted to knock that ***** in the mouth to be honest) but in reality i was completley out in the northbound side thinking this bitch would just slow down a lil bit to give me enough time to go out southbound. but instead her natural instinct was to try and swerve around me people r retarded
Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds liek its your fault because you didnt yield. if it is her fault im pretty sure you can claim uninsyured motorist and itll get covered. Otherwise your SOL.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

yea looks like it. i filed a claim and the adjuster is gonna be out tomorrow to look at my car. looks like i got no deductable and i should only be paying like $170 more for the year next year. eh wateva.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that tony, did you get hit in the camaro?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
i guess in NH it isnt mandatory to have insurance.

this is what happened. i was sitting waiting to pull out on a busy single lane north + south highway. i finally got a break in the northbound side and there was only a few more cars in the southbound side so i got all the way out in the northbound side thinking the person 300+ yards away would slow down and wait to let me go a lil. instead she tried swerving around me crossing the solid double yellow line, i pulled out to go southbound and i hit her as she tried swerving around me. the ******* ***** witness who apparently has nothing else better to do is yelling and hollering i just pulled out without even looking and hit her. (i wanted to knock that ***** in the mouth to be honest) but in reality i was completley out in the northbound side thinking this bitch would just slow down a lil bit to give me enough time to go out southbound. but instead her natural instinct was to try and swerve around me people r retarded
You are correct, NH is a PITA when it comes to that.

And yes, your at fault, unless she had some traffic sign that stated she needed to yeild, your going into traffic and she was already in process. That is what I gather from what I read.

As for another statement from someone else. Not having Insurance is not a automatic At Fault
Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same exact thing happened to my bro in MA, they settled at 50 50 till my mom filed to fight the decision and we won.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, sounds like it was on your shoulders.

NH isn't mandatory in NH, so no it wouldn't be her fault. Your insurance company will likely take care of both cars. That's what you have liability for...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Hope it wasn't the camaro and glad your ok.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

That same accident happen to me in april. Guy tryed to squeeze infront of me while im pulled out.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

yea watev. looks like technically im at fault. eh what can ya do. im covered.

this was in my 92 sable not my camaro THANK GOD

Originally Posted by 383camaroz28
That same accident happen to me in april. Guy tryed to squeeze infront of me while im pulled out.
thats EXACTLY what happened. did u end up at fault also?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

One cop said it was his fault other said mine. All he took off was my front plate. So if i pulled out infront of him i wood taken my fender out. Havent hurd nething from anyone
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

sameeeeeee exact thing happened to me. just lost my front plate. bolted it back up today tho. they r all saying its my fault. even my own insurance is saying tis my fault. ahhhh i knew i shouldnt of filed a claim and just had let her try to contact my insuranceeeeeee...

btw to a mod can u please delete this thread wheneve ru get a chance just in case this lady is sue happy? thx
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

I didnt tell my insurance cuz the cop said it was his fault