Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for a good shop near Allentown, PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for a good shop near Allentown, PA

I recently moved up to Macungie, PA now I need to find a new shop to take my vehicles (when needed). The Chevrolet dealership wants over $550 to change a water pump on a 2005 Chevrolet trailblazer. Before I dish out the cash to the stealership, does anyone recommend a local shop that does good work at a more reasonable price?

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am always a BIG "Do-It-Your-Selfer" Any Reason why that cannot be a option. I would expect you have much more room.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I am always a BIG "Do-It-Your-Selfer" Any Reason why that cannot be a option. I would expect you have much more room.
Because it is about 10 degree with windchill outside and the garage at our townhouse is about the same size as our bathroom (seriously there is about 4 inches from front bumper to the wall and about 6 inches from back bumper to garage door).
Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro8509
I recently moved up to Macungie, PA now I need to find a new shop to take my vehicles (when needed). The Chevrolet dealership wants over $550 to change a water pump on a 2005 Chevrolet trailblazer. Before I dish out the cash to the stealership, does anyone recommend a local shop that does good work at a more reasonable price?

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Iam about an hour away from you.
Either way v8 or 6cyl.
Labor is $199.95 tax included. Installed.
You get the pump. Or i can get one for you.
SAME DAY IN AND OUT.
LET ME KNOW.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to give us a call for anything LSX Vehicle related.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Camaro8509
Because it is about 10 degree with windchill outside and the garage at our townhouse is about the same size as our bathroom (seriously there is about 4 inches from front bumper to the wall and about 6 inches from back bumper to garage door).
I hear you bout the weather. I live in CT and its bitch cold here too. I live in a VERY windy area which only adds to the agony.

I know the Chevy Dealership in town has Labor Rates 99$ per hour, which is getting kinda nuts. Anything out of warrentee I gotta fix so thats definitly not an option anymore.

I am fighting with them now over a Horn issue on my Wife's 2007 HHR, Intermitten. I have proven it does not work, they cont. to f*ck around but they are still on it. Next step after swapping/replacing relays is to replace the horn but that has been 3-4 trips, 2-3 over night stays for something that was proven the first trip. Talk bout dragging feet.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I hear you bout the weather. I live in CT and its bitch cold here too. I live in a VERY windy area which only adds to the agony.

I know the Chevy Dealership in town has Labor Rates 99$ per hour, which is getting kinda nuts. Anything out of warrentee I gotta fix so thats definitly not an option anymore.

I am fighting with them now over a Horn issue on my Wife's 2007 HHR, Intermitten. I have proven it does not work, they cont. to f*ck around but they are still on it. Next step after swapping/replacing relays is to replace the horn but that has been 3-4 trips, 2-3 over night stays for something that was proven the first trip. Talk bout dragging feet.
Our labor here is $75.00 and hour.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by C/Performance
Our labor here is $75.00 and hour.
Yea, thats about where what I see for local shops, Dealerships trying to get every penny. We have a local perf. shop that is about 75$ but he is very creative with the pen in terms of how many hours he charges, so I know the tricks. I got a brother that runs a shop and he has been doing it for years. I tend to go to him for free stuff when I can or get access to a lift when needed.