Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Road Force Balancing in Worcester MA area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Force Balancing in Worcester MA area?

Anyone know of a good place to get wheels road force balanced or at leats high speed balanced? Just got a set of 22's on my escalade and Town Fair Tire has tried balancing them 3 times and they still come out wrong so im really just need a good shop to get these balanced properly. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Adam
Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Probly a good chance the wheels are bent,thats why they don't balance. I see it alot on the dyno where you can see them wobble.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Probly a good chance the wheels are bent,thats why they don't balance. I see it alot on the dyno where you can see them wobble.
Hey Don, I am praying they arent bent! Just bought some brand new Boss 330 wheels and they have tried balancing them 3 times now and cant get it right. Thats the other reason why id like to find another place that does really good balancing as they will let me know if they are bent but im hoping thats not the case. Also, still tuning GM trucks?? The EXT could def use a good tune!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Also guys doesnt have to be road force as long as its someone you know and trust to do a good job with the balancing.

Thanks!

Adam
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always balanced my wheels myself, but my OEM 20's take a TON of weight to get right, and they were brand new (was able to get them perfect though). Sometimes moving the rubber on the rim can help, sometimes there is a heavy spot. Possibly you could suggest that to who does it? I mark it with chalk and try moving it around on the rim if it's calling for a ton of weight in one spot consitantly.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nikon1999
I've always balanced my wheels myself, but my OEM 20's take a TON of weight to get right, and they were brand new (was able to get them perfect though). Sometimes moving the rubber on the rim can help, sometimes there is a heavy spot. Possibly you could suggest that to who does it? I mark it with chalk and try moving it around on the rim if it's calling for a ton of weight in one spot consitantly.
Honestly im a novice when it comes to balancing otherwise id love to do it myself! I just know they dont re-calibrate the balancers every night at the town fair tire I go to so its really hit or miss there. The Mercedes Dealership where I bought my ML350 has a road force balancer but im not sure if they will do my Boss 330 wheels. I looked at the weights and its funny the first time they balanced them they had the weights in one spot. Then the next time they moved the weights again. Then the 3rd time the weights were moved again! I can tell because you can see where they peeled them off and moved them on the inside of the wheels. The fact that they moved them 3 times and still the balancing is off suggests to me they have no idea what they are doing or the machines are way off. I drive 80 miles (all highway) round trip for work and I just need them balanced well so if there are any suggestions in the worcester or boston area I am all ears!

Thanks guys!

Adam
Old 02-20-2011, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it's quite possible they don't have the machine calibrated right either, certain settings for inside wheel weight only. If you don't have any luck up that way, my buddies shop that I use is in natick,ma. I can see if he'd be interested in doing it for you. Bit of a drive though.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nikon1999
it's quite possible they don't have the machine calibrated right either, certain settings for inside wheel weight only. If you don't have any luck up that way, my buddies shop that I use is in natick,ma. I can see if he'd be interested in doing it for you. Bit of a drive though.
Natick isnt that bad of a ride as my girlfriend is usually dragging me there to waste money at the natick collection so at least I could go and get the car done while she spends my money! Im going to check with Wagner Motors to see if they will roadforce balance the wheels but if you could also check with your buddy to see if hed be willing to balance my 22's that would be great. Let me know if he wants to do it and approx. cost.

Thanks!

Adam
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you see them balance the wheels? What is your problem, low speed shimmy, high speed shimmy in the steering wheel? It might not be a balance issue. I have seen brand new tires with slipped belts.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

I would mark the rubber and relate it to a spot on the wheel to make sure the tires is not moving around on the rim as you drive.

The 18's on my last car would have to be rebalanced 2-3 times a year.

Also if you want to have the wheel checked out and I think they do road force balancing check out rim and wheel works in waltham.

Quick Reply: Road Force Balancing in Worcester MA area?