Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Taking your cats out in northern va?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm registered in Fauquier county because I'm OBDI and can't pass the sniffer.

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
My car is registered in Fairfax County and has passed the last 3 inspections with LT's, ORY, and Dynatech cat's. I have my rear 02's programmed out so my OBDII scan is clean every time.
Hey, what are you still doing around here
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralls
I'm registered in Fauquier county because I'm OBDI and can't pass the sniffer.

Hey, what are you still doing around here
Oh, I'm not First time I've been on here and posted for a while. I'll PM you.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Hi fellas, Stillie here. Long time listener, first time caller. If you're on one of the local moto forums then you've probably seen one of my dumbass posts. I'm just gonna piggyback on this thread since it's related.

Anyway, I'm looking at buying an LS1 equipped S truck that's in SC and is therefore void of all things smog related. What will I need to do in order to get it past emissions? I know that the secondary ODBII's have been turned off and programmed out so I should be good there. Will I be ok if I just add cats?

I'm in Leesburg (Loudoun county) truck in question has an LS1 from an 04 GTO.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Stillie; 10-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Steve01R1 from dcsportbike...i recognize your name, not hard to miss your post lol.

You could just have it registered in another county then you won't have to worry about emissions. Just say it's garaged in culpeper.

Emissions won't be a problem as long as you have a few codes set to "error not reported" with tuning software such as hptuners. Safety inspection will be hit or miss most likely you should throw some high flow cats under there or some resonators that appear as cats. That has worked for me in the past. The performance drop negligible on most cars with high flow cats i would just add some to be honest.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Steve01R1 from dcsportbike...i recognize your name, not hard to miss your post lol.

You could just have it registered in another county then you won't have to worry about emissions. Just say it's garaged in culpeper.

Emissions won't be a problem as long as you have a few codes set to "error not reported" with tuning software such as hptuners. Safety inspection will be hit or miss most likely you should throw some high flow cats under there or some resonators that appear as cats. That has worked for me in the past. The performance drop negligible on most cars with high flow cats i would just add some to be honest.
Hey Steve! Just don't tell them about the goat please...

The consensus seems to be to add the high flow cats and check the programming. I think I'm gonna take that route after I hear back from Hollywood tomorrow. Still working on the details of the truck now.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh boy...

sounds sweet do post more on it if you get it. I daily drive a 98 s10...thought about an ls1 swap but think i'll keep this as the daily. The camaro will get the transplant.