Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

raced a neon srt4

Old 10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced a neon srt4

well i got surprised by a ******* neon!!! car had alot done to it. my car is close to 600 rwhp but im running on stock tires and cant hook up. i did beat him 2 out of 3 times but it was on highway and i couldnt start in third cause it spins had to run him in fourth....guess i really need tires i cant have a neon hang with my car
Old 10-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Teching In

I raced a srt neon last night last night and I pulled on him right away. All this guy had was a tune n catback n other small mods thou
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
9 Second Club

Neon at Etown couple years ago was clicking off 9 sec passes. They can go.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weight to HP ratio and your racing from a roll, I would not be that suprised.

Also if you know you have 600 RWHP and crappy tires then you should know better, especially as its getting colder now. We do not need to you putting the car into a pole or something bad.

Back when they just came out with a stg 3 Mopar turbo kit upgrade I regularly seen these cars go into the 11's @ 125+ MPH @ LVD and that is talking 2004.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Weight to HP ratio and your racing from a roll, I would not be that suprised.

Also if you know you have 600 RWHP and crappy tires then you should know better, especially as its getting colder now. We do not need to you putting the car into a pole or something bad.

Back when they just came out with a stg 3 Mopar turbo kit upgrade I regularly seen these cars go into the 11's @ 125+ MPH @ LVD and that is talking 2004.
yeah theyre not crappy tires they just cant hold that type of power ...i do know **** can happen but i do know the limits of the car and i dont over do it. i def would not want to be in a pole or guard rail. i hate these little import cars that are very quick and every damn kid owns one. i hardly race the car and will not till i get drag radials. probably put car away soon for season
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

I hear yea there. Seen too many nice and fast cars get obliterated due to the rubber the meets the road was completely insufficent for the setup.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 10-10-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If I remember correctly you have stock 2002 tires? Probly the worst traction tires ever made.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
If I remember correctly you have stock 2002 tires? Probly the worst traction tires ever made.
yes yes u got me. all i know is that right now i only have three gears 4th 5th and 6th all the others are useless cause of my tires but i do know that and i dont do stupid **** with the car except for race a neon in 4th gear. Don i need more nos my car topped out at 140 hahahaah and i blew the welds on my intake and while racing my floor boards flew off
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You definately need some nittos on the back of that thing for the street or something similar. Be carefull out there.

Hey was that Neon orange or per chance black?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

no it was white and in the chelmsford area
Old 10-11-2011, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
no it was white and in the chelmsford area
few years back I went to epping with a guy that had an orange one (Fitch/Leom area). It was in the 12's back then.

But I've seen a black one occasionally on rt2 in the area too with a big intercooler sticking out the bottom.

I agree though, you can't let a skittle walk you like that, get some tires
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
You definately need some nittos on the back of that thing for the street or something similar. Be carefull out there.

Hey was that Neon orange or per chance black?
Nittos? In cold weather?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

I can haze Nittos from a roll and I have suspension work and only make 384 rwhp.... Better then what he has but not too much faith in those tires at least for T-56 cars.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Better than a street tire. He's gonna park his car before the 1st snow anyways so it won't be that cold. As long as your above freezing nittos will be an improvement.

There are better options for stick cars, but not really better options if you want the rubber to last even close to 10k. Remember this is gonna be a street car, he's gonna blast down the highway and probably will never run from a dig or at a track. This car is too nice to track anyways.

I had GSD-3's before and those are great street tires, but 600hp is only gonna hook decent on the street with a real tire, ET streets would probably hold 2nd gear with the right suspension.

Just be thankfull you are still running a factory gear ratio.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
yeah theyre not crappy tires they just cant hold that type of power ...i do know **** can happen but i do know the limits of the car and i dont over do it. i def would not want to be in a pole or guard rail. i hate these little import cars that are very quick and every damn kid owns one. i hardly race the car and will not till i get drag radials. probably put car away soon for season
While I hate most Neon drivers... they are NOT imports but def compacts.

A srt4 can be a VERY fast car for not too much money. But like with most NICE and CHEAP cars. its not the car but the owner that ruins its reputation.

Good kills/loss either way.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

my brother just sold his 05 srt4 a week ago. I miss that thing already and he regrets it already. it made 500whp last year on a smaller turbo and went 11.50s at cecil. it recently got upgraded to a .60 trim dual BB GTK500 turbo... that car is a freaking beast from a roll.. hung at my c6z back bumper before I was cammed.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

few years back I went to epping with a guy that had an orange one (Fitch/Leom area). It was in the 12's back then.

But I've seen a black one occasionally on rt2 in the area too with a big intercooler sticking out the bottom.

I agree though, you can't let a skittle walk you like that, get some tires
i do know the orange and black one from fitchburg and i think he dips into 11's there is a black one that runs around and will do 9's all day and if u look real close he has a cage in it. i really dont know if i will ever go to the track but i really do need to get some damn good tires for the street for next spring/summer car doesnt see rain/ snow and if there is the slightest chance of rain it doesnt come out. i think the neon i raced had cams def exhaust and some type of t60 turbo and the turbo was very loud. like i said i did win but i could only pull in 4th gear being safe. and he shifted through 2 gears while i was still in fourth lol
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
While I hate most Neon drivers... they are NOT imports but def compacts.

A srt4 can be a VERY fast car for not too much money. But like with most NICE and CHEAP cars. its not the car but the owner that ruins its reputation.

Good kills/loss either way.
i know its not an import but i put them into the same category lol and i hate the fact that they are very quick out the hole. and also that the driver of these cars are 10 years younger than me!!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Neon at Etown couple years ago was clicking off 9 sec passes. They can go.
if it was a red 1st gen than it might have been my friend Steve. he runs E-town often and his Neon was running mid to high 9's. 2.4l with a big turbo. its not a street car though. its caged and gutted.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used to have a 500whp srt-4...the thing moved, sold it cause it was wrong wheel drive.

Search this Thread