Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LS-1 Miata in Fireball Run!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS-1 Miata in Fireball Run!

I hope I am not stepping on toes with this post but it is worth the effort...
My 1990 Miata stuffed with a 98 LS-1, '02 T-56, and '04 Cobra IRS diff has been entered in the 2012 Fireball Run Adventurally. This is a charity race that hits 15 cities in 8 days covering 2500 miles from Independance, Ohio to Bangor, Maine. There is no prize money and our only goal is to find America's missing children. Each of the 40 teams is assigned a child and given 1000 flyers to hand out along the way. At the same time we have to earn points by finding landmarks and solving puzzles as we go.
Most of the entrants use the event to promote their businesses so it is a write off for them. My co-driver Joe Wall and I are doing this the old fashion way...we are using OPM (other peoples money). Everyone that donates to the cause gets their name printed on the trunk deck of the car, Donations of $50 or more get name on car and a T-shirt. Companies that make sizable donations will get their logo on the car too.
NONE of the donations go to the prep of the car! That is all out of my pocket as I do get to keep the car....fair is fair. After the entry fee and expences are paid, anything left over goes directly to the Fireball Run to support the cause.
We are taking Paypal donations at v8miatafireball@gmail.com
Thanks in advnce for the support and feel free to look us up as Team Brass Roots on Fireballrun.com
You can follow us daily with live streeming begining 9/21/12 and after all the raw footage is edited there will be a 90 minute movie or possibly a tv show by Universal Studios! Great way to have fun and reunite a family
Old 08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way.... in only 5 years of running the rally they have helpped recover 38 missing kids! Thats nearly 1 in 5 they look for.... love the odds and cant wait for the run!