Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Detailers in DMV area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Detailers in DMV area?

Anyone have any experience with detailers in the area? Car has some swirls/scratches/chips that have been on it for years and I'm ready to go ahead and get it corrected. Also could use some kind of compound on some areas of the glass because it looks like the car was exposed to acid rain or something at some point in it's life.

If anyone knows someone who would be up to the task, it would be great, thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know of two kids around me.... then again I used to do it more, but now im down with a broken leg..... I forget the guys name in VA that did amazing work, he is/was on here
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

I know a shop in rockville that does my car normally. And then a guy on a subaru forum im on thats in silver spring.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Launching!

http://www.streetdreamsmd.com/
Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ That looks pretty legit, I'll probably call sometime this week and try to schedule something. Thanks guys
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta bump this, no luck so far

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I know a shop in rockville that does my car normally. And then a guy on a subaru forum im on thats in silver spring.
What's the shop called? I just want to get my paint corrected and some stains removed from my glass. This is turning out to be much more of a project than I thought it would be.

Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
I called this dude a little while ago to try and set something up but he was a dick, hung up on me halfway through asking a simple question. So, I've gotta keep searching I guess.

Anyone have any more suggestions? Thanks guys
Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM

http://www.carspadetailing.com/

They have done my car 2 times now. Good work. Always comes back looking flawless.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

^Cool, I appreciate it man, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

detailers are like the big box stores, kinda sucks if you gotta go more than an hour out of your way lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a last resort, if you have a hard time finding somebody to do it, you could always try and tackle it yourself.

You can get the essentials for under a few hundred bucks and do the job in a day. If you go that route and need some direction or advice let me know.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
detailers are like the big box stores, kinda sucks if you gotta go more than an hour out of your way lol.
Absolutely, this definitely isn't quite as straightfoward of a process as I had anticipated.

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
As a last resort, if you have a hard time finding somebody to do it, you could always try and tackle it yourself.

You can get the essentials for under a few hundred bucks and do the job in a day. If you go that route and need some direction or advice let me know.
Thanks, I'm sort of heading in that direction because I've had no luck so far and I don't feel like I should have to drive 100+ miles for something like this. But we will see how things pan out within the next week or so.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM

where are you located? There are plenty of mobile detailers. I almos tused one but that place I sent you was accross the street from my office. So drop it off in the AM and pick it up on my way home.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live in Bowie, I mean I have no problem dropping the car off and leaving it for a couple of days if needed since I've got another vehicle to drive if needed. With my schedule (work/school), I would probably be better off doing that anyways. I definitely think I'm going to use that place though since you put the good word in, just have to figure out a good day to drop it off and get it done.

Quick Reply: Detailers in DMV area?