Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Beware: 151 Motorsports, Annapolis, MD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware: 151 Motorsports, Annapolis, MD

Had them do a full stereo install, sound deaden and HID install.

The Good:
JL Cleansweep installed no problem
Amp installed no problem
Driver HID installed no problem

The Bad:

Windows were tinted satisfactorily, their tinter has a big opinion of himself but managed to do light scratching to both of my rear fenders. They fixed it but not before the tinter gave me this horrible stink eye as if it was somehow my fault. Still have some bubbling 3 weeks later that I am giving more time to go away.

Passenger HID now has condensation in the morning, took it back for fix and it still fills up with condensation.

Scratched up my GXP wheel. They did offer to fix but it was too expensive to fix so they discounted some work. I agreed to this.

Sound deadening to front doors was amateurish at best also cut away the plastic water shield on stock doors for no reason.

Sub box wasn't carpeted, they just laid some carpeting over it to hide it.

Drive front door speaker starting cutting out after sound deadening. They wouldn't answer my calls so I fixed it myself (this would be 3rd time going back to them).

THE WORST part which I found today by removing the rear doors was that they didn't even screw in the rear door speakers all the way. Instead of making a wood baffle to fit them properly they used long screws to just hold the speakers in place, just barely in place. There is a big gap all around because they didn't want to take the time to make a baffle.

I'm disgusted. Apparently you can't pay anyone to do good work anymore.

There are also other minor issues with them not checking their work and me finding it before I left their shop on a few occasions which they fixed before I left.

Would not recommend.

Picture of rear speakers so no one can claim BS. Posting this because I've tried to call for three days now with no answers. Never had a problem getting a hold of them before. Also stopped answering my emails.

Amazing front sound deadening job:
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Which is exactly why i do work myself. If i don't know how i will learn. No one gives a ****, especially with shops like this that their work is "covered" assuming 90% of their customers won't pull off a door panel and check. Most shops don't even know how to remove a door panel without breaking clips and scratching stuff up. Sorry to see this, i would still push in a nice way for them to remedy this problem and let them know you won't shut up till the job is finished and/or refunded.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM

I think you're an idiot. 1. Car work and repairs is a type of art (some techs are better than others) 2. All the employees of 151 didn't mess your car up. 3. 151 has nothing wrong with their service. 4. Maybe you should get to know the artist before you buy a canvas......

Xoxo
Leslie

Ps. 151 does amazing work. Suggest you look harder into the details of who (specifically) will work your car, bro
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MissLeslie
I think you're an idiot. 1. Car work and repairs is a type of art (some techs are better than others) 2. All the employees of 151 didn't mess your car up. 3. 151 has nothing wrong with their service. 4. Maybe you should get to know the artist before you buy a canvas......

Xoxo
Leslie

Ps. 151 does amazing work. Suggest you look harder into the details of who (specifically) will work your car, bro
That response is laughable. He went to a company to have the work done and done RIGHT. Doesn't matter who did it at the shop, they are still an employee of 151, and therefore, 151 is still responsible for their work. This work is representing their company, if they were so great, why the hell would they let THAT walk out the door. That work is shotty, at best. Look at the friggen speaker! Its held in by a 2" drywall screw! I have a feeling you are somehow related to 151.. Maybe the employee who screwed in the rear speakers hmmm?

Zack
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ps. 151 does amazing work.
Judging by the pictures shown in this thread, I'd say your standards of amazing are fairly low.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Xoxo
Leslie

Yeah your a dumba$$
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Xoxo
Leslie

0 posts, joined this month, sounds like an employee to me. I wouldn't be able to send someone else's car away like that, especially if i was paid for it.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Just do it yourself.....no "art" there. At least you'll care about how it looks/functions. Ever get ahold of 151?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly getting speakers & HIDs installed you should do your self.

Shops are in business to make money but very few take the time to do proper work.

To most its about how many appointments they can squeeze in a day.

With help of forums & install instructions available from many online vendors, you should DIY.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Hack job
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Regardless if he could do it himself, he payed a shop and got a hack job. I don't know why everyone says they would do it themselves, if he can't or didn't want to the fact is it was done by them, mind you my toddler could probly do it better than what I see there. Sorry they messed up your car and hope you get it fixed. If you are close to Dover you can feel free to pm me and I'll see if I can help you out.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

this may be a dumb question but what is an HID
Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badassracing
this may be a dumb question but what is an HID
HID stands for High Intensity Discharge lamp. Like these.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Damn sorry bout your luck man they def. Did a hack job on those doors. Leslie...ha. douche.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Won't be going there. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Beware: 151 Motorsports, Annapolis, MD