Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Could use a little help in Frederick, MD

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could use a little help in Frederick, MD

I've been swapping a 4.8L iron block into my GTO. I have the motor in the engine bay and the 4L65e trans lined up but I can't seem to get the pin to line up.

I have all the accessories to hook up to the motor afterwards. I would just like someone experienced help getting the trans linked to the engine, and the harness and everything to match up so I can get this car running by end of week, preferably before Thursday. I have two wiring harnesses so we can do some hacking up of them if needed.

If anyone has any experience and thinks they can help me, I'd be willing to throw a couple hundred bucks your way. For the most part the heavy lifting has been done. If you have experience with this swap then it should be pretty simple and some easy cash.

This is my first swap with this motor, and my buddy that was helping, unfortunately, had to have back surgery and can not assist any further for anything other than looking things over.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicklynx
I've been swapping a 4.8L iron block into my GTO. I have the motor in the engine bay and the 4L65e trans lined up but I can't seem to get the pin to line up.

I have all the accessories to hook up to the motor afterwards. I would just like someone experienced help getting the trans linked to the engine, and the harness and everything to match up so I can get this car running by end of week, preferably before Thursday. I have two wiring harnesses so we can do some hacking up of them if needed.

If anyone has any experience and thinks they can help me, I'd be willing to throw a couple hundred bucks your way. For the most part the heavy lifting has been done. If you have experience with this swap then it should be pretty simple and some easy cash.

This is my first swap with this motor, and my buddy that was helping, unfortunately, had to have back surgery and can not assist any further for anything other than looking things over.

Thanks for any assistance.
pm me your #

Quick Reply: Could use a little help in Frederick, MD