Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

tmurph01's build journal

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool tmurph01's build journal

Decided I would start a build Journal here to document the Journey of my car. A little back story first though. For years I had a Black, 2000 Z28. The car was an A4 with 120K miles on it. I had put a lot of work into it and received numerous awards from various shows. The thing I enjoyed the most however, was the bond it created with my father and I as he has a black, 2000 SS. This past July, I was travelling to Atlantic City, but as we entered into New Jersey, we had a little run-in with a front wheel hub assembly on the interstate. There was nothing I could do except hit it head on. This resulted in a bent K-Member, busted oil pan, hole in the bell housing, busted transmission, hole in the passenger floor board, and a cracked block. Luckily we were okay, but the car was junked.

I was determined to find the car I have always wanted. A white Z28 with a manual trans, t-tops, and the appearance package. After a lot of searching, travelling, and let-downs, I was finally able to grab the car that had been evading me. I obtained the car from an extremely nice guy who had a listing on the classifieds on here.

Car is a 2001, Arctic White Z28 with manual trans, t-tops, appearance package, and ebony leather interior from the factory. Previous owner had installed SLP headers, catted y-pipe, Loudmouth exhaust, LS7 Clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, Billet shift forks, bronze pads and bushings, SLP lid and has been tuned.

The look I am going for is a clean, sleek, and subtle look. I am going to go with a "Heritage" style theme.

Here is the car after I got her home and installed my TTMs with anthracite finish off of my old car. I think these fit with the theme and are subtle since they are not chrome:

Next, had to get rid of the stock antenna. Found this one online and it works surprisingly well:

13 has always been my lucky number, so add the pool ball. Since a lot of the original muscle car guys ran 8 and cue *****, this is my play on that for the heritage theme. (Lou's Short Stick on the way) Also, painted the dash plaque white and moved to the center. One of my more subtle mods:

Girlfriend got me these for Christmas from Emblempros. Chrome will work subtly with the white:

Future appearance plans include:
Clear Corners
Sunoco Hood
Houndstooth Interior
Custom Gauges from 6LE (had a set for old car that never got installed, but wont work on this one)
Tint
Custom Painted SLP Grill

Will move to suspension and performance once the look is complete.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like a fun project. If it were my car I'd throw a white hurst **** on instead of that pool ball, it'll match the rest of the car well. Good luck with it.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Looks like a fun project. If it were my car I'd throw a white hurst **** on instead of that pool ball, it'll match the rest of the car well. Good luck with it.
The interior will eventually get subtle orange accents to match the orange on the ball. Things such as orange stitching on seats, shift boot and door trim. Also will be getting custom gauges with orange accents.

In essence, all white and silvers on the outside, with the same on the inside, but with subtle splashes of orange.

I am thinking about including these subtle hints of orange in the engine bay as well...
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

that actually sounds like a cool idea, iv never seen that before.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have always liked white FBodies - very nice!!

Quick Reply: tmurph01's build journal