Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

well..Eagles fans....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default well..Eagles fans....

Chip Kelly it is. what are your thoughts on this?!?!

personally i think i would've liked to have seen Gus Bradley here but they went offense instead. im neutral b/c we never really know whats going to happen untill it happens. he could end up being the next big thing and be great. but i cant help to have thoughts of Steve Sperier (sp?) and Nick Saben in the pro game...scary. time will tell. only thing i know right now for sure is im happy we arent going into another off season and training camp with Andy Reid...change is here and im going to embrace it. discuss!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very happy with them picking Chip Kelly. I think he will bring a new excitement to the Eagles which has been lacking for a few years(Coaching Wise). I won't be totally on board until he picks a offensive/defensive coordinator. Support staff really does make a huge difference in a team's success. They need O-Line and Defensive help badly. Also think Vick is officially done since he has never come close to playing a whole season.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Liked to keep up with the Eagles with Andy Reid and McNabb but not much since. I totally agree assistant coaches and staffing are going to be key for him. He undoubtedly needs to come up a new offensive scheme as the Oregon offense will not work in the NFL long term. With that being said though Vick would fit that offense pretty well for the time being until they can find a solid franchise QB to take over.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lower_the_dynamite
I'm very happy with them picking Chip Kelly. I think he will bring a new excitement to the Eagles which has been lacking for a few years(Coaching Wise). I won't be totally on board until he picks a offensive/defensive coordinator. Support staff really does make a huge difference in a team's success. They need O-Line and Defensive help badly. Also think Vick is officially done since he has never come close to playing a whole season.
I agree. but o-line was a problem b/c of injury..they are all coming back and should be healthy next year. defense is a problem up and down the field. i cant see Vick returning...he's owed way too much money for less than average play.

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Liked to keep up with the Eagles with Andy Reid and McNabb but not much since. I totally agree assistant coaches and staffing are going to be key for him. He undoubtedly needs to come up a new offensive scheme as the Oregon offense will not work in the NFL long term. With that being said though Vick would fit that offense pretty well for the time being until they can find a solid franchise QB to take over.
im pretty sure he's smart enough to "tweek" his offense to make it work in the NFL. its been working pretty well for Washington and Carolina (not so much this year but...). and yes, his assistants/staff will be a huge Key.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

As a die hard ravens fan... U better hope u guys don't sign cam Cameron.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

I am happy but also a little worried. I listened to his interview on WIP this morning and he sounds like he knows what he wants but I dont know if we have what he needs to succeed. My worry is that if we do worse then 4-12 next year what will happen? What if Andy Reid takes the Chiefs to the Playoffs and Kelly cant get to 4 wins? Thats my concern. This city will kill him.

We have no secondary what so ever, 2 good LB's, horrible Special teams, Spotty reciever core, Unknown at QB, a great rb but has injury problems and another good RB that cant hold onto the ball, A injury prone O-line.. Thats alot to deal with for a 1st time NFL coach..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

If he makes the offense run like the patriots offense, great. If he want to run the ducks offense, he'll be 3-13, and get run out of town on a rail. The game has changed since Bill Walsh's offense was the thing, but defensive coaches get paid also. They figure things out, and kaep, newton, rg III, wilson, one or all of those guys is going to be calling it a career early if they run run run.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

well hopefully the Defense way under performed last year and wakes up. i know they wont be able to do a complete turn around with personel so thats out of the question...they just can cut everyone..lol.
i liked what he had to say yesterday...hopefully it all works out.

Quick Reply: well..Eagles fans....