Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade

Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade

As the title says. I am looking for someone in New Jersey/Southern NY state or Eastern PA to test fit one of my front rims on their car with the CTSV or 5th Gen 4 piston Brembo caliper upgrade. I have set of Simmons wheels I had built back in 2002. I know they were speced for fitting the C5 Z06 calipers. I will have to call Group A to see if they still have the exact specs. It is 18x9.5 with a 1.5 inch outer lip. I cant even measure the distance to the caliper since I have stock LT1 brakes.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

measure the clearance you have between your currant caliper and spokes. i forget what the min distance is but if you run a search there is a thread on it. i know if you have atleast an inch of clearance than you'll be ok with the cts-v or Camaro ss Brembos. if you have anything less than an inch that illl say its gonna be very tight. i have this conversion but not yet installed.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TNTramair
measure the clearance you have between your currant caliper and spokes. i forget what the min distance is but if you run a search there is a thread on it. i know if you have atleast an inch of clearance than you'll be ok with the cts-v or Camaro ss Brembos. if you have anything less than an inch that illl say its gonna be very tight. i have this conversion but not yet installed.
I read through that thread. The only problem with measuring mine is they are LT1 calipers on LT1 spindles not LS1.

I also called Group A and they said they no longer have info from that long ago.

Derek.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

What's it look like with the lt1 calipers? Worst case you'll need a 1/4 spacer, no big deal really. I'm running 18x8.5 fronts with 5th gen brakes. I ran a spacer because the caliper was hitting the outer rim not the spoke. It's super tight but all is well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade