Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Inspection and Registration in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Inspection and Registration in PA?

Question for you PA people.

I may be moving to PA from MD and am wondering what challenges I face in registering my 2001 Camaro. Main concerns are the monster cam, fake cats, no emissions installed. How tight is PA? I got it through MD inspected/registered a couple years ago with a smaller cam, real cats, and emissions in place but not working. No service or warning lights are lit and it throws no codes because everything is disabled that needs to be.

Also, how does PA feel about roll cages?

Thanks for any info/advice.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends where in PA. The county I live in doesn't do emissions. But, like anywhere else, get in with the right garage and it'll pass.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:51 AM
Teching In

Like this gentleman said^^^^^
all depends on where you're gonna be. I bought my car in KY and the previous owner didnt take care of it so its taken me a year to get it to pass PA inspection. Im in Pittsburgh area. I know guys have passed with the fake cats and big cams so these shouldnt be an issue. As long as it passes the "computer" test where they check for codes. Good luck!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Teching In

where u at in pa ?
Old 01-20-2015, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Talking Phillyyyyyyyyyyyy...

I CAN HELP YOU WEND YOUR READY?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you put less than 5,000 miles a year on the car it is emissions exempt regardless of which county your in. If your county has emissions go to your local auto parts store and I'm sure they can lead you to a friendly shop. Roll cage (and tint if you have it) doesn't matter.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro8509
If you put less than 5,000 miles a year on the car it is emissions exempt regardless of which county your in. If your county has emissions go to your local auto parts store and I'm sure they can lead you to a friendly shop. Roll cage (and tint if you have it) doesn't matter.
Yep! This is how i do it. I have to find a new shop this year though. My old guy retired and shut it down.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Philly and had to put cats in. They didn't care whether or not they were real, but they just wanted to see them. I'm running a Brian Tooley Stage IV cam (235/242) and the only comment he made was "that car sounds bad ***!" lol Also, I have no AIR/EGR but they never even looked. Stay away from Pep Boys for your inspection and get a place that sees muscle cars come through the door. No engine lights, no issues. This year I ended up being way below 5,000 miles so I won't have any problems next year.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Registration is easy as long as you have the title, and inspection is easy if you find the right people. Just find someone to "do" the physical inspection and make sure you have no CEL. Also if you drive less than 5k miles and get it inspected before it expires you are emissions exempt.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

as long as your check engn light isn't on and your monitors are ready it'll pass emissions. OBDII cars don't get a visual inspection for emissions.
as far as the safety inspection if the cars is in good working order it should pass, as for the cage all i can say is i wouldnt fail it for having one

Quick Reply: Inspection and Registration in PA?