Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pro Edge Tuning, Wallingford, CT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the Danbury,CT area and my shop does tunes, and my buddies shop Command Performance in wallingsford also does them, heard too many horror stories about other shops
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Launching!

good luck with the pro edge tune
Old 05-30-2016, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMD759
just an update, I had Ed from pro edge do my tune. I was very happy with their service and knowledge. I believe it is run by Billy and Ed. When I first dropped the car off Billy reassured me by walking me through the process and then through the shop and answered all my questions and concerns. He also took the time to give me a bit of his background to again make me feel comfortable leaving my car with them. Ed does the LS tunes so he was in touch with me when he started tuning, keeping me updated by text, call, and email. He went very conservative with the tune as I am on a SBE ad we discussed that. Couldn't be happier with the customer service. I also have read great things about Slowhawk but he is twice as far from me compared to Pro Edge and I am sure I will be back to Pro Edge I the future.
Just to add on to this

I just got my 01 TA done there Saturday and am very happy. Like jmd said both Billy and Ed were very accomadating to me.

I was nervous at first because of all the negative crap about them, but after talking with them both for the amount of time that I did I was very comfortable with letting them do my car. Slowhawk sounds great, I just didn't want to take the drive to mass. But for what it's worth pro edge is worth a look if you're in the area and not already dedicated to someone
Old 07-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Default tbss help needed

Originally Posted by GMtechmatt
Alfred is one of my very good friends I recommend him before pro edge I fix a lot of pro edge cars messgage me and ill get you incontact with alfred
hi matt, i was hoping you could point me in the right direction for tuning help with my '07 trailblazer ss. i live in ct. and need someone who knows what their talking about pertaining to ecm mods and problems. you mentioned alfred lassen as very knowledgeable. if you could tell me how i might contact him that would be great. thanks and have a great day.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Default Good shop, will return

Pro Edge used to be Mongillo. I believe Billy's last name is Mongillo. He tunes the Fords - if you've got a buddy with one I highly recommend sending him there. Ed tunes the LSs. He knows his stuff. I have a buddy whose 800 hp Evo got built at Command Performance, he seems happy and told me they do some LS stuff too. Ed at Pro Edge Tuning tuned my Z and I'm very happy with the 30 hp and 3 mpg increase. SlowHawk is another good shop, but Ed was closer to me so I'm happy I chose him to tune my car. I'll be returning to him in the future.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

Default +1

I agree. Ed and Billy at Pro Edge are really nice guys and they know what they're doing. Highly recommended for LSs AND Fords.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dudesqueak
Pro Edge used to be Mongillo. I believe Billy's last name is Mongillo. He tunes the Fords - if you've got a buddy with one I highly recommend sending him there. Ed tunes the LSs. He knows his stuff. I have a buddy whose 800 hp Evo got built at Command Performance, he seems happy and told me they do some LS stuff too. Ed at Pro Edge Tuning tuned my Z and I'm very happy with the 30 hp and 3 mpg increase. SlowHawk is another good shop, but Ed was closer to me so I'm happy I chose him to tune my car. I'll be returning to him in the future.
NO Bills last name is Miller and Eddie is Gomez.. know then since high school... Bill is a bad *** tuner...
Old 08-26-2016, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stoneman1320
hi matt, i was hoping you could point me in the right direction for tuning help with my '07 trailblazer ss. i live in ct. and need someone who knows what their talking about pertaining to ecm mods and problems. you mentioned alfred lassen as very knowledgeable. if you could tell me how i might contact him that would be great. thanks and have a great day.
PM me for his info

Quick Reply: Pro Edge Tuning, Wallingford, CT?