Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Got pulled over yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got pulled over yesterday.

Over 4 yrs and I finally got pulled over for no front plate . I guess the small town cops are really bored right now. I drive through the center of town all the time and passed cops, I know some of them and sometimes even wave.

Anways it's just starting to get dark out and I drive by the center of town, and of course their is a cruiser parked in the usual spot where they always sit. This time I drive by, I see him pull out and I actually see the blues kick on.

I was doing about 25, so I'm like here we go, time to get harassed, I pull over and shut it down. He ended up being a nice enough guy. He gave me the little scripted " Hi, I'm officer ... we are stopping cars to enforce the Click it or Ticket" speal. He said I am pulling you over because you have no front plate. I was like yeah sometimes I forget to pull it off (cover), like when I go to a car show or something, it's a weekend car. He's like yeah, I know the guys with nice cars don't wan't to put em' on.

So after walking around the car, and asking me if I had bald tires (I didn't), he gave me a warning for no front plate. I think he was really bored or something.

Worst part was I stopped on a hill. So after firing it up, I had to creep up the hill at well over 3 grand while he was right on my a$$. Sometimes loud is not always good

It figures. I was going to put the car away today too, guess I should of put it away yesterday.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the way it usally works dan just when you think maybe one more time or ill take this road instead , there always there. atleast its only a warning but still a pain for the waste of time they put you through
Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got pulled over for that too, and it was only the 3rd time I drove my car. It was a Northbridge officer and he ended up asking the car and letting me go. Front plates on any car looks bad, espically ours.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

he "asked the car"
Old 11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
he "asked the car"
Cop: "So Car, Where's your front plate?"
Car:.........
Cop: "Oh, a wise guy huh. Pleading the Fifth I see"

LOL
Old 11-21-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Cop: "So Car, Where's your front plate?"
Car:.........
Cop: "Oh, a wise guy huh. Pleading the Fifth I see"

LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG that's good I'm actually sitting here laughing at that hahaha. Good one
Old 11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

hahaha way to make fun of my typo he asked ABOUT the car.

note to self: dont reply to threads after just waking up

edit: i just read what i typed and damn it is funny lol
Old 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

anytime paul i knew what ya meant just more fun this way
Old 11-21-2005, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Its even worse when they pull you over for that infront of you own house!

Same **** happened to me last week, I got off with a warning. Ive been driving without a front plate for exactly a year too!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

ive been pulled over for no front plate like 6 times.. and every time ive been let off... i just tell them cause i got in an accident and im waiting for a replament grill.. and i have old taope on the plate and i say i tried taping it on and it fell off... its worked so far
Old 11-21-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

happened to me comming out of BIR raceway, state trooper pulled me over in my c5 gave me a ticket for no plate and no proof of insurnce (did have it). For got about the ticket and lost my lic, went to DMV to get a work permit and the person reinstated my lic, not thinking that it wasnt over went about my business, 2 years later cop shows up at my door for a false alarm and also tells me that I have a warrent out for no lic plate! It would have been a bitch if he arrested me at my house, but he was cool asnd said take care of it. the place where I got my ticket wanted me to pay 500 bail and show up in court 2.5 hr from my house! After neg and begging to just pay a fine they charged me 80 and dismissed it.

moral of the story: Dont assume anything is finish or you look like a dumb ***.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What a story. I got stopped by the lexington police last spring for noise. He actually asked me if i had stock pipes. Sometimes i think they are just bored and want to check a car out.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that BS law is why i dont have an SS grill.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wait, what is the problem with not having a grill? It's not like your car is going to suck a squirrel into it without one. Although I'd liked to see that one day.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
Wait, what is the problem with not having a grill? It's not like your car is going to suck a squirrel into it without one. Although I'd liked to see that one day.
the ss grill has no provissions for a front plate that wont wreck the grill
Old 11-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got bagged on Rt 2 at 4:00 am beause I had a "modified" exhaust. The sad part was that it's not much louder than my stocker. The guy just gave me the spcheel about how it's illegal to mod an exhaust and how I should look into getting my money back because my next time he'll write me up. I think he just felt like harrasing me because of my A-pillar gauges..........*** hat cop. I hate cops that just have nothing better to do or abuse thier authority(my exhaust is NOWHERE near the illegal limit).
Old 11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

since when is it illegal to mod an exhaust?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ when you take out cats, reach the illegal dB limit things like that etc. But of course we never do things like that.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i finally got bagged for no front plate after 4 years of never having one on any car ive ever owned. im gonna fight it. and ill bet ill win too.. lol
Old 11-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Hell yes, you fight it! Worse thing is you lose and you have to pay, which you would have done if you didn't fight. And why not? Doesn't US Constitution say they ALL Americans are equal and have the same rights? So, in most states people have more rights than you? I guess some petty motor vehicle code can override any civil rights matter when it comes to cash. Here's something to think about: If I pull up in front of a cop and proposition a hooker in my TA with tinted windows, no front plate here in New Germany, I get arrested and my car gets impounded and I get citations for everything and a criminal record. If I do that same manuver outside of city limits of Las Vegas in front of the Bunny Ranch, all the cop will do is tell me to ask her about the two for one special. Same country. One place is a good time and money well spent, the other place it's another dastardly criminal off the streets...