Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Good place to mount tires on expensive wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Good place to mount tires on expensive wheels

I am tired of careless tire installers damaging my wheels.

Does anyone know of or could recommend a good place to mount and balance 18" tires on expensive wheels? Prefer something in the NY Metro area.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 12-17-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have a Town Fair Tire out there? They are pretty good, sell high end stuff to so they should be used to mounting on good wheels.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the problem you will find is that if you are bringing your own wheels and tires purchased from somewhere else they wont guarentee that they wont be scratched when installed
Old 12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thechef
the problem you will find is that if you are bringing your own wheels and tires purchased from somewhere else they wont guarentee that they wont be scratched when installed

Not what i found. My gf brought her mustang in to have a tire pluged at a local town fair tire. Well they thought something was wrong with the seal the tire made with the rim, so they removed the tire, and re installed it. In the process putting about a 1 inch scratch on the rim. Really hardly noticable.. They had her purchase a new rim, and reinbursed her completely. She actually made out over 100 dollars too, cause the rim was onsale, but the webreciept didnt show that.

Anyways, its hard to bring rims/tires to be mounted anywhere that employes mostly part time highschool kids making 7 dollars an hour who really dont give a crap.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was lucky. My local Goodyear dealer is run by a guy who also owns a ws6. I chatted with him for about a half hour before he told me that he would personally mount and balance my tires on the 19s as opposed to giving it to the 'kids' working in the shop.

He wrapped every rim with a towel and made 100% certain that each rim came out spot on perfect. He made sure to hide the wheel weights as well.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I was lucky. My local Goodyear dealer is run by a guy who also owns a ws6. I chatted with him for about a half hour before he told me that he would personally mount and balance my tires on the 19s as opposed to giving it to the 'kids' working in the shop.

He wrapped every rim with a towel and made 100% certain that each rim came out spot on perfect. He made sure to hide the wheel weights as well.
where is this place you speak of??? lol i got 19" HPs also and i cant find anyone that will touch them
Old 12-18-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I have to look for a Town Fair Tire place near me. As for bringing in my own tires.... I see your point. But no one sells Nitto's around here. Goodyear is always good but they are very expensive.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by qwikz28
where is this place you speak of??? lol i got 19" HPs also and i cant find anyone that will touch them
It's the Goodyear tire center in Doylestown, PA 18901.

Here's their website:

http://www.goodyeardealers.com/kftir...Data=17340&P=2
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
It's the Goodyear tire center in Doylestown, PA 18901.

Here's their website:

http://www.goodyeardealers.com/kftir...Data=17340&P=2
about an hour away from me. if i cant find anyone else i would definately take a trip over there. thanks