Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV
View Poll Results: What should I do...
Leave it the way it is... nice sound but not very loud
36.96%
Leave the cats, but add the catback
19.57%
Lose the cats and add the catback
15.22%
You would be retarded for spending $$ on something that will not make you any faster!
28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Should I make my car louder....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I make my car louder....?

Just curious what You guys think... I'm on the fence right now. Right now I have QTP long tubes through the QTP x-pipe with high flow cats and the stock Z06 cat back.
I've been thinking about getting rid of the cats all together and getting the borla stinger catback... or maybe leaving the cats and just adding the catback.... I had a loudmouth on my last T/A and in comparison my vette even with the headers is pretty tame sounding....

Just looking for you guys to push me one way or the other.... and I'm not looking for HP here, I know a catback will gain me little or nothing over the stock ti exhaust... just looking for sound....
Old 01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
8 second mod

I say #1, you have a race car, leave your vett alone now, and play with the race car. keep the vett for cruzin, leave it enjoyable.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have to agree with Noyzee on that!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah, I'm halfway in between.... I miss driving & shifting a car that screams a redline.... But my LM was annoying as hell on the highway and attracted attention of blue lights... somthing I don't need, my driving record has enough red marks on it... I'm thinking about buying one... and Maybe throwing it on when I'm in the mood...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Ya, if its an all out racer, thats one thing...but I am actually trying to quiet my truck down a little. A quiet exhaust also gives you the underdog/sleeper factor.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Whip
Ya, if its an all out racer, thats one thing...but I am actually trying to quiet my truck down a little. A quiet exhaust also gives you the underdog/sleeper factor.
very good call. sleeper factor.
spend the money from the exhaust on a little 125 shot!!!
Whip, you didnt vote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Why not just get a pair of electric cutouts? I have the Ti Exhaust on my vette and I love it. At least then, you'll be able to adjust the sound your car makes, and close them, when you want.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Why not get a mellow catback so it sounds a lot better but not a TON louder (like a Loudmouth would be?) There's a lot of options out there. I'd leave the cats either way.

I have longtubes, cats, and a Borla on the Formula and I don't see it as annoying or unbearable at all. Makes a ton of noise when I want it to, and it's pretty quiet just putting around.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Why not just get a pair of electric cutouts? I have the Ti Exhaust on my vette and I love it. At least then, you'll be able to adjust the sound your car makes, and close them, when you want.
Yep, I'd thrown on a pair of cutouts too. Then you can have the noise when you want it.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

I'd ditch the cats and get Corsa. Quiet aroung town and screams at WOT without the interior drone of Borla. Not to mention the tips.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ditch the cats leave the stock catback tracers car is setup like that and sounds great and tame enough for everyday driving. add cutouts if you want loud every now and then
we all think we want loud till you have it then relize shoulda just got a cutout
Old 01-16-2006, 01:35 PM

Leave the exhaust alone and supercharge it.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the replies, I'll prob hold off for now. I know what my problem is... it's that time of year.... I can't drive my car so I want to start buying stuff for it.... This happens every year, by mid january I start going crazy without my car... So to make up for it I start spending money.... Damn I can't wait for spring!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Thanks for the replies, I'll prob hold off for now. I know what my problem is... it's that time of year.... I can't drive my car so I want to start buying stuff for it.... This happens every year, by mid january I start going crazy without my car... So to make up for it I start spending money.... Damn I can't wait for spring!
with 14" of snow, i know what i would be doing!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Whip, you didnt vote
I'm an illiegal alian....I don't have those rights!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

ya definately if u do anything get a pair of QTP electric cutouts., but other than that its sounds great the way it is. plus like was said u have the sleeper factor. all though ill still walk all over u at the track just leave the SS on the trailer. dont worry ill have a few things done when i come home from germany that and my LM can get very annoying on road trips
Old 01-16-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leave the car alone, the exhaust set up you have is GREAT the QTP headers and X pipe, and the stock zo6 catback are perfect for a vette

if ya have to do anything to it add more power, cam/nos etc
Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
ya definately if u do anything get a pair of QTP electric cutouts., but other than that its sounds great the way it is. plus like was said u have the sleeper factor. all though ill still walk all over u at the track just leave the SS on the trailer. dont worry ill have a few things done when i come home from germany that and my LM can get very annoying on road trips

You can no longer throw the I can beat you at the track line at me... I'll have you there this spring... And I've told you before on the street anytime you want my Z06 Vs. your car on spray I'm game I know, I had my LM installed when I was living in SC... I used to drive straight the 14-15hrs from SC to VT almost once a month... By the time I got out of the car I would have a ringing headache from the drone...

Originally Posted by thechef
leave the car alone, the exhaust set up you have is GREAT the QTP headers and X pipe, and the stock zo6 catback are perfect for a vette
if ya have to do anything to it add more power, cam/nos etc
Ken & Brad convinced me to go with this setup and I love it, I just get bored fast. My plan is eventually to do a cam, but I don't want to spend much money on the vette this year.... I'll be spending enough on th SS

Originally Posted by Noyzee
with 14" of snow, i know what i would be doing!!!
It's 10 degree's outtside up here... I'd rather stay inside and BS with you guys..
Old 01-16-2006, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

I say you pick up a set of electric cut outs from QTP as well :-D
Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 85OneTireFire
I say you pick up a set of electric cut outs from QTP as well :-D
Thats a good possibility....