Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone go to the MD car show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone go to the MD car show?

Ive been hearing some things about the MD car show in Ocean City. I may have to come down and check it out this year since the Wildwood show is no more. Does anybody go to the MD show? Are there any hotels in particular that you recommend staying at?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:58 AM
10 Second Club

Yes go every year and rains every time/
Old 01-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

yea, we go down to the oct show and yes, IT does rain EVERY yr....wait, what happened to wildwood, no more show totally or just not going cause its starting to really suck!!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casey98Z
yea, we go down to the oct show and yes, IT does rain EVERY yr....wait, what happened to wildwood, no more show totally or just not going cause its starting to really suck!!
Rumor has it that there is no more Wildwood show due to Police harassment. It was really bad last year, the cops were really getting abused.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can i have info on the next md show?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

i know the show in OC MD is the weekend of may 15th. my buddy asked me if i wanted to go. i will most likely go. i think its really big and alot of fun w/ lots of old muscule there from what ive heard.

-brandon
Old 01-25-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How are the cops for the MD show? Wildwood was getting ridiculous, they would have cops on foot/car/bike on every corner.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ocean City Cruise website:
http://www.specialeventpro.com/
Old 01-26-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
How are the cops for the MD show? Wildwood was getting ridiculous, they would have cops on foot/car/bike on every corner.
they have undercovers riding around, bike cops, and the usual marked ones. usually not at every corner though.

I prefer the springs cruise rather than the fall cruise. of course ocean city is even more packed during the summer between both cruises.

http://www.oceancity.com/ use that to find local hotel, motels, etc....
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer6x6

cops are out in full force. They are everywhere. The spring show is much larger then the fall show. There are normally three main different parking areas in the may show.(for the show cars)

The inlet, over 2000 cars
the convention center 1000 cars
hooters, less then 100 cars, but most of the time this is where all the best cars are.

They also have shows at the harley dealer, special things happening at different places in the spring show.

The spring show is good and bad. The good is, you will see some of the best hot rods, muscle cars and true customs out cruising.

Bad- there are so many people there that the streets are very congested. also it is limited on entry to 1976 and below on getting cars into the show.

The fall show however is open to all cars. They only have one parking are which is at the inlet.

If you have never been, I would suggest the spring show for your first.. You will be hooked from then on.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 AM
8 Second Club

Just to clear things up there are two cruises each year, and there is a car show in FEB. I go to every cruise and its a blast. Theres a good amount of F-bodys but not as much as I would like to see. If you guys want more info about the cruises as far as dates and what F-bods are gona show up check out eastern f body in my sig. It has a section in the forum about OC cruises. The pic in my sig was acctually taken in OC.