Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

veracka motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default veracka motors

ok whats the deal with this dealership? I heard it was bad news but they have quite a selection...

I was planning on buying another F-Body in March when my insurance drops for being an experienced driver, and was going to go there until I saw a comment about them being bad to do business with.

Any details on this? I'm really interested to hear some stories on why I shouldn't go there...

Thx,
Nate
Old 01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive always wondered about them. They always have a big selection of Camaros and TAs.

It's in Brockton right?

Rob
Old 01-27-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i bought my car from there. problem free for me
Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i bought mine there with no problems and i have had it for 2 years and 35,000 miles
Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess it all depends, i went up there awhile ago and was going to buy a car there,but i was alittle sketched out that the cars all had low miles and all had bald tires, very bald, then my buddy bought a stang there and he had nothing but prombles, he ended up selling it, but i guess its all opiuns(sp) i alaso no people that had good luck with them.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been there a few times to look at cars for friends. I notice 2 of them had nitrous system in them. I opened the spare tire well and the hose was still there. I am sure they might get a few nice cars but i wonder about the other. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they're a toss up..my old SS was there for a while I dunno if it ever sold. Just really look over what you're buying from him.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I was shopping for ls1's a couple years ago I went up there once. At that time, they had alot of ls1's and a few lightnings. There was something I didn't like about every vehicle though, minor body damage, bald tires, wrong options etc.. Not sure about how they are to do business with though.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are a shady company.Every car I've worked on from there was screwed up 1 way or another.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

thanks guys. I'll be sure to check out every little detail I can about any cars I look at, if something doesn't seem right I just won't get something there.

I have to wait until at least March anyways.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

when i was car shopping, i noticed that a lot of cars had swirls in the paint. does anyone know how to properly detail the exterior of a car anymore?

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
They are a shady company.Every car I've worked on from there was screwed up 1 way or another.
so when i bring you my car (eventually), i'll be prepared for some bad news
Old 01-28-2006, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my car their about 4 yrs ago. It had 8k on it, and was almost perfect. Just be carefull and ask questions. Take somebody with you who knows what to look for.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Got to chime in here. My WS.6 came from them 1 owner w/ 5,XXX miles on it. Vehicle wise no problems.....all my issues are from performance parts.......lol This is where it gets shady, asking price for my car was 23,999 sticker. I offered 23,000. I was also trading in a '98 GTP that I destroyed...car was on it's 3rd K-member(don't ask) and had leaded cam 2 ran thru it.....needless to say it was hurting still looked stellar though. So the guy offers me $15,800 for the GTP holy **** I paid 15,600 and put 50K miles on it and beat the snot out of it!!! So by now I've got a huge hard on for the WS.6 and can't sign the papers quick enough. So the salesman draws up the paper work and tells me their "hooking me up" and writing the car up for $29,999 so that if I wreck it I'll get hooked up and hopefully come back to them. But I'm still paying $23K right? Oh ya look right here.......Trying to make this short and to the point. I owed 6k on the GTP minus that from 15,800 call it 9 grand left over for me towards 23k should have been financing 14K.......well the 23K he showed me on the slip was actually the amount I was finacing!!! I was so excited I blew thru signing my life away........I figured this all out a year later....a little to late I guess. So basiclly I paid the full price they were looking for and they scored the GTP for basicly nothing and had it for sale the next week for $14,500..........WTF other then them porking me on price my car was in mint shape, no bald tires, mods, ect. That was 4 years ago and the car now has just under 80k on it trouble free! Now the bird is paid off and this mess is behind me.....Also BTLFEDSS on here, his '00 SS came from them. He hasn't had any major issues with is car. And a kid I work with bought an SS from them and he had no issues either. I'd agree they are shady when it comes the #'s game. But you get what you pay for....You by a car with blad rears, off the bat you know it's been abused and may have issues down the road. They also tell you pick 3 cars to test drive thats the max......then through you keys and let you go out on your own. (Did for me) Thats just asking for people to come drive a cool car abuse it and bring it back and move on. A fast joy ride for free. I know I did it. I guess my point is stay sharp and check out the car the best you can (maybe even bring it to another shop) and triple check the sales agreement and you should have no problems. All B.S. aside I love driving by there.....so many cool cars all in one spot. Good Luck!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

My car came from there, misaligned body panels is all, mechanically its fine. No accidents show on carfax though...
Old 01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

well i went there today to check out the trans ams, and only found 1 I would have bought.

It was a 2000 black bone stock WS6, most of the other cars were modified. It had 44,000 miles and is $16,995. the brakes need some work, they puslate mostly in the pedal so probably rear brakes. The red bird on the rear between the tail lights was faded, which I thought was odd since the guy I talked to said it was always garaged. Everything else on it was mint, but he wouldn't budge on the price. Not that I was going to get it today, but I dont think it will last.

There is a firehawk there but it has a nasty chip on the wing, another WS6 that has an aftermarket cat-back and who knows what else, plus they put a "350" sticker on the hood next to the ram air decals...blah.

There is a white one but its an auto, I want a 6 speed.

On a side note, they guy was friendly. He gave me the keys and let me have my way with the car. I didnt beat on it, made sure it tracked straight and only goosed it once to make sure it was where it should be power wise, no tire burning or anything stupid.

I would suggest this car if anyone can afford it right now, there werent any nitrous lines where the spare tire was either, and the spare tire is there. no TCS, maybe ABS but I didnt slam the brakes to find out. I looked under the car and it all looked stock, just like how my other one was.