Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New World Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New World Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[B]CONGRATS TO THE PITTSBURG STEELERS[B]

NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS

ONE FOR THE THUMB BABY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats to Pitt...Seattle stunk it up with all those mistakes!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RealQuick
congrats to Pitt...Seattle stunk it up with all those mistakes!
Congrats to Pittsburg, I was talkin **** here earlier. The only thing that counts is the W.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

The refs won that game, not the Steelers. The referees made some horrible calls.

That was the worst superbowl I have ever seen. No, that was the worst football game I've ever seen.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

1st off congrats to the steelers. i was really pulling for seattle.i wouldve been upset if they lost, but instead im pissed becaue the refs gave the game to pittsburgh. darrell jacksons td shouldve been a td, ben's td shouldnt have been a td, hasselback completed a pass to stevens on the 1 yard line, and it came back because of a "hold". there was nothing even closeto a hold on that play. a play or 2 later he threw an interception, and i lost it when the called a penalty on hasselback when he was trying to tackle the guy on the interception return. congrats to the steelers, but i just wish that either of the teams couldve won it another way.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADFNZ-383
1st off congrats to the steelers. i was really pulling for seattle.i wouldve been upset if they lost, but instead im pissed becaue the refs gave the game to pittsburgh. darrell jacksons td shouldve been a td, ben's td shouldnt have been a td, hasselback completed a pass to stevens on the 1 yard line, and it came back because of a "hold". there was nothing even closeto a hold on that play. a play or 2 later he threw an interception, and i lost it when the called a penalty on hasselback when he was trying to tackle the guy on the interception return. congrats to the steelers, but i just wish that either of the teams couldve won it another way.

I strongly agree.......

I am glad that Bettis got his ring, however, this game should not have gone the way it did. Those refs disgraced the game of football. Unbelievable.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BADFNZ-383
agreed neither team played great but pass interferance on seatlle in the end zone was lame, as was the TD by ben when the ball didnt cross the line.
i will give the steelers a perfect reversal play though that was nice
Old 02-05-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Violatorno1
[B]CONGRATS TO THE PITTSBURG STEELERS[B]

NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS

ONE FOR THE THUMB BABY!!!!!!!!!!
hell yeah go stillars

some bad calls both ways but some were close no matter what angle u were watching !!! u cant always go by what john madden says that guys a drunk
but ohh well Steelers still won !!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Don't blame it on the refs. They didn't thow the int nor did they not capitolize inside the 20. RULE: If as little as 1mm of the ball crosses as little as 1mm of the goaline(The front of the stripe,not the endzone side of the stripe.)it IS a touchdown. The ball clearly DID break the plane.

If you grab a guys arm and take him to the ground, it IS a holding penalty.

You cannot push off a defender(even a little push) to free yourself to catch the ball.

Seattle shuld have had a fumble on that incomplete call. Don't here you cryin about that.

The ball MUST break the plane or pilon before going out of bounds on a reception to be rulled a touchdown. You can't kick the pilon with the ball on the out of bounds side of it as Jackson CLEARLY did.

Props to Seattle. They played hard but made many mental errors.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

that was a touchdown that ben had. it did cross the enzone plane...just barely but it did. seattle did have a touchdown in the enzone though but got called back. it wouldnt have mattered anyway though.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Violatorno1

Seattle shuld have had a fumble on that incomplete call. Don't here you cryin about that.
did you not see the HAND to his side contact is contact

but steelers did win even if they played like crap them selves
Old 02-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so happy...Super Bowl Champion Steelers...Music to my ears
Old 02-05-2006, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by badpewter-z

Yes, you are correct. That isn't the play I was referring to. Rule says a completion is control of the ball and then attempt a football move. I forget which reciever it was but it was the play ruled incomplete after 2 Steeler defenders hammered the reciever. Ball was caught with both feet off the grond. He landed, planted both feet, turned towards upfield(football move) and then was hammered. Ball came flying out and it was ruled an incomplete pass. My thoughts were, could have went either way but rule says fumble.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Teching In

well if u wanna make a comment like that about the refs giving us the game well then maybe u need to take a trip back down memory lane and watch the game between Oakland and the patriots. That play they said was an incomplete pass was really a fumble but in the NFL rule book it said it was a incomplete pass. Well in the NFL rule book it say pushing of another player to get open is interference so to me it looked like he pushed off so eat ****. Steelers 5 superbowls rings patriots 3 lol The steelers are truely Americas Team
Old 02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pewterhawk02
well if u wanna make a comment like that about the refs giving us the game well then maybe u need to take a trip back down memory lane and watch the game between Oakland and the patriots. That play they said was an incomplete pass was really a fumble but in the NFL rule book it said it was a incomplete pass. Well in the NFL rule book it say pushing of another player to get open is interference so to me it looked like he pushed off so eat ****. Steelers 5 superbowls rings patriots 3 lol The steelers are truely Americas Team
that has to be one of the dumbest comments ive heard in while i needed a good laugh thanks man. when you can tell me what the pats have to do with this game at all let me know. im not talking about the endzone call either im talking about when hasselback ran the ball for 15yds. . i could go deeper but it doenst invole tonights game so it doesnt belong in this thread
Old 02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Teching In

that has to be one of the dumbest comments ive heard in while i needed a good laugh thanks man. when you can tell me what the pats have to do with this game at all let me know. im not talking about the endzone call either im talking about when hasselback ran the ball for 15yds. . i could go deeper but it doenst invole tonights game so it doesnt belong in this thread
Say it, all u MA guys talked about how great ur Patriots are hmmm how many superbowls do they have? U guys said they would never win another championship hmmmm they did. I was so sick and tired of hearing u guys talking up the patriots and how great of a franchise it is. We have 5 and u have 3 so eat ****.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pewterhawk02
We have 5 and u have 3 so eat ****.
FTW!!!!!!!111

the refs were not the deciding factor in this game. they made some questionable calls, but nothign game changing.
neither team looked particularly good, but the steelers showed the resolve of a champion and got it done.
thanks to bettis for staying with the steelers when he had plenty of offers to leave and thanks for a great career and all the memories that he created for us all.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

OK, I will congratulate the Steelers on a fifth Super Bowl win. And I am glad to see the bus leave with a ring. It is always nice to see a good player get a championship trophy before he calls it quits.

That being said, you guys must be joking. Do you really think the Steelers deserved that game? Do you really think they out played the Seahawks? What are you all on and where can I get some? Granted the Seahawks had some crucial dropped passes and some poor time management, but who wants to win like that? I have seen better officiated events in professional wrestling. At least call the game both ways.

I am a Seahawk fan. Have been since 1976. I don't mind loosing, I am used to it. But who wants to loose like that? And more importantly, who likes to win like that? All that does is say: "Superbowl XL Champions *" then at the bottom of the page we read: "because of the worst officiated game in NFL history." C'mon, big Ben had any smaller of a QB rating you would need an electron microscope to find it. What was that loud mouth's name? I don't remember because I don't think he made one play in the whole game that ment anything. And where was Palamau (sp?)? Bettes' rushing total for the game seemed to be less than what is needed for a first down.

Yeah, Steelers are the champs, but they did not win.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by howierd42
OK, I will congratulate the Steelers on a fifth Super Bowl win. And I am glad to see the bus leave with a ring. It is always nice to see a good player get a championship trophy before he calls it quits.

That being said, you guys must be joking. Do you really think the Steelers deserved that game? Do you really think they out played the Seahawks? What are you all on and where can I get some? Granted the Seahawks had some crucial dropped passes and some poor time management, but who wants to win like that? I have seen better officiated events in professional wrestling. At least call the game both ways.

I am a Seahawk fan. Have been since 1976. I don't mind loosing, I am used to it. But who wants to loose like that? And more importantly, who likes to win like that? All that does is say: "Superbowl XL Champions *" then at the bottom of the page we read: "because of the worst officiated game in NFL history." C'mon, big Ben had any smaller of a QB rating you would need an electron microscope to find it. What was that loud mouth's name? I don't remember because I don't think he made one play in the whole game that ment anything. And where was Palamau (sp?)? Bettes' rushing total for the game seemed to be less than what is needed for a first down.

Yeah, Steelers are the champs, but they did not win.
Blah blah blah Steelers Play as a team and win as a team. Excuses are for losers
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

CONGRATS STEELERS! World Champs....

As many have said, I would have liked to see the officials NOT play a big role in a game like this, but that is a sad part of the game & the Hawks weren't able to over come it. Pitt made some big plays and the Steelers won.