Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

insurance agent's come in please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default insurance agent's come in please.

my buddie has a problem. he live's in nyc and sold his car two year's ago. now he is moving to az in 6 months but in that state the have a insurance lap deal were basically they are going to send his rate through the roof when he buys and insuse a car unless he has 6 month prior coverage. if he get's insurance now he can get his 6 months coverage before he move's. he's the catch he still in nyc and I'm in pa. I'm willing to help him out maybe as a second driver (car addresse and car is to remain in pa) My question is this possible to do this and count as 6 month's coverage? is it legal as well? I ask that because I'm looking for a way to help him get 6 months coverage legaly(that is important here) without pay nyc rate's as well. is there any option's out there that would work or something that could be done to get the coverage so there isnt considered a laspe in his coverage. btw the fact he didn't own a car is not reliavent to az the way the law's are writen so basically they are going to chare him an insane amout of money.

sorry for the book but I am looking for some advice and help on the matter. thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just have him use another car insurance company. Many companies dont penalize if you dont have insurance as long as you didnt have a car.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

he's tried all that he could think of but in az they are allowed to slap you with a craze premium and they wil everyone of them it seem's. bte it's pretty bad when med life is the cheapest. btw some copanies even refused to carry him because of teh lapse.