Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I'm looking for someone with tuning knowledge to look over my shoulder.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:13 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default I'm looking for someone with tuning knowledge to look over my shoulder.

In the next few weeks or so, I'm going to purchase tuning software but I haven't decided yet between HP tuners and EFIlive Flashscan. I'm just a newbie at tuning so I was wondering if anyone that has done it can give me some pointers.

I know some people are going to say, take it to XYZ shop, but I did that in the past (twice actually) and all they are interested in is dyno numbers. So that means I pay $500 for their time, plus the dyno time. I've been there, done that, no thanks.

I am planning on getting a wide band O2 which should help, and I know both of the tuner softwares have data logging which supposedly helps with both part throttle and full throttle tuning.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that if you read the stickys on efilive you should be pritty much all set. They have a great fourm over there. I use the LC-1 wideband from innovative, you can get them from New Era Performance, It hooks up to the flashscan and gives you a real time display of the WB along with all of the other functions like rpm, map, etc. etc.

They explain how to smoothen out idel and use the autotune process making it pritty easy to tune your car for all around driving and WOT.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm leaning more and more towards EFILive with the wideband LC-1 O2.

What I don't understand yet is everything I've read about EFILive is that you tune for SD. So does that mean you have to go MAFless?

I'll ask on their forum I guess.

Oh, I guess it would help to let people know where I lived.... I'm in Bucks county PA, near Doylestown.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No you don't need to run SD but with the autotune you dissable the MAf while adjusting the VE table and when you dial in your VE you can plug the MAF back in and your done. Until you change something else.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Cool... that's what I wasn't quite understanding. I read about unplugging the maf and doing the tune, but didn't see where you would plug it back in and that's why I thought it was speed density tuning.