Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tuning help needed Wed night at NED. PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
No, the MAF problem is not fixed. I'm waiting for the engine swap to deal with it. That's why i'm not using it. As far as SD tuning, I have no clue where to begin. My ltrims look fantastic. I get no KR.

I read somewhere that I want to disable ltft and stft learning, true or false? Also, do I want to force it to be in open loop by making the closed loop enable temp 284? If so, what do I do with the OLFA table? stock?

I know you get paid to answer questions like this, so, i always feel like a dick asking them.

If you don't have that stuff listed sorted out,you shouldn't even drive it in SD mode. Right now your truck is driving in limp mode.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

limp mode + lots of boost + racing =
Dan my expert opinion (I am an expert at f'n **** up) is to not race the truck and drive it very carefully untill you get eh engine swap done. You dont want to blow that current eninge up. If you do then it will be worth ZERO $$$$$$$ to you. jsut be careful man.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
limp mode + lots of boost + racing =
Dan my expert opinion (I am an expert at f'n **** up) is to not race the truck and drive it very carefully untill you get eh engine swap done. You dont want to blow that current eninge up. If you do then it will be worth ZERO $$$$$$$ to you. jsut be careful man.
ahhh, there's that term again "limp mode". Can someone define this? How can you determine if you are in "limp mode"?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

limp mode usually occurs when I go swimming in really cold water.
Oh wait thats shrivile mode.. nevermind
Old 04-19-2006, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i severely doubt you've gone into limp mode unless you've exceeded your p1514 table...but in SD mode its harder to nail down fueling when you only have a VE table that extends to 0psi...if you were running a 2 bar Os it would be pretty simple to nail everything down quickly.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foff667
i severely doubt you've gone into limp mode unless you've exceeded your p1514 table...but in SD mode its harder to nail down fueling when you only have a VE table that extends to 0psi...if you were running a 2 bar Os it would be pretty simple to nail everything down quickly.
yes sir. i'm finding that out right now. wow, so far this **** is easy. not that i have any time to go drive around and log, but, the little logging that i've done and the adjustments i've made have been simply.

Last question: Tonight at the track, if I need to adjust my A/F ratio, do I only need to adjust the PE table?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

wow, that was bad. 13.5@97mph. ugh. The VE is a friggin mess. ugh. Good thing the new engine is going in in a week or so.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

how is the engine that is in there???? is that all messed up too???? That would suck. That means that you would be out like 1,000-1,200 cash. Oh well
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

nope, the engine is just fine. strong as can be. too bad the guy who is supposed to be buying it hasn't contacted me in awhile. grrrrrrr
Old 04-20-2006, 05:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
nope, the engine is just fine. strong as can be. too bad the guy who is supposed to be buying it hasn't contacted me in awhile. grrrrrrr
Thats because he read these posts
Old 04-20-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Thats because he read these posts

thats what i was thinking
Old 04-20-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Dan~ Im not tryin to be an *** here by any means. BUT I really dont think that there is anyway there is nothing wrong with your engine if the tune has been off the mark for this long. Also with running boost, a correct tune is critical to sustaine engine life and long-gevity. So I would think that there must be something mechanically wrong with that engine now. I mean you are running SD with out a real SD tune

I hope the engine is fine and that you sell it for tons of money too.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Dan~ Im not tryin to be an *** here by any means. BUT I really dont think that there is anyway there is nothing wrong with your engine if the tune has been off the mark for this long. Also with running boost, a correct tune is critical to sustaine engine life and long-gevity. So I would think that there must be something mechanically wrong with that engine now. I mean you are running SD with out a real SD tune

I hope the engine is fine and that you sell it for tons of money too.
well, i guess these conversations are over anyway cause this setup is no more. it's all coming out in 2 weeks. I'm just gonna adjust the VE table using my 2bar SD setup. Yes, I do have a real SD setup. It just isn't fully tweaked yet. And believe it or not, the engine is alive and well.