Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

home improvment.... moving foreward!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default home improvment.... moving foreward!

So I come home from work yesterday, and what's in my driveway? I big old pile of siding and windows Sooo I call the guy and ask him when they were planning on installing.. I get the typical contractor "I"ll call ya back

Well, he called me at work this morning, and asked if I could do him a favor....... let him install all the windows tomorrow! So I hve a crew of guys coming tomorrow morning, and all the windows in my house are getting replaced

I"m pretty siked, the wondows get done tomorrow, I"ll rip the last of the old siding off tomorrow while they are doing the windows, and they should be back next week to do the siding on the house, replace the front door and the screen doors, and start the new deck The contractor that's building my garage has a miniature looking steem-shovel thing in my back yard waiting for the ground to dry a little so he can start digging the foundation hole, and then that's gonna begin, should be digging towards the end of next week is what he figured. I took some pictures with the 35mm camera, before anything got done so I had some before photo's, once the house is done, I'll take some after photo's and get them all scanned and up... gonna be a great improvment.

Now that this stuff is all moving along, I can get moving on the car
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
So I come home from work yesterday, and what's in my driveway? I big old pile of siding and windows Sooo I call the guy and ask him when they were planning on installing.. I get the typical contractor "I"ll call ya back

Well, he called me at work this morning, and asked if I could do him a favor....... let him install all the windows tomorrow! So I hve a crew of guys coming tomorrow morning, and all the windows in my house are getting replaced

I"m pretty siked, the wondows get done tomorrow, I"ll rip the last of the old siding off tomorrow while they are doing the windows, and they should be back next week to do the siding on the house, replace the front door and the screen doors, and start the new deck The contractor that's building my garage has a miniature looking steem-shovel thing in my back yard waiting for the ground to dry a little so he can start digging the foundation hole, and then that's gonna begin, should be digging towards the end of next week is what he figured. I took some pictures with the 35mm camera, before anything got done so I had some before photo's, once the house is done, I'll take some after photo's and get them all scanned and up... gonna be a great improvment.

Now that this stuff is all moving along, I can get moving on the car
good **** man, maybe ill get those parts before winter now LOL
Old 05-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah heh heh... Funny thing was that I thought that by starting to look for contractors in december/january, I'd be fine. Heh, yeah right. Id I had sarted looking last october, I probably would be wrapping the thing up right now, rather then them getting started.

I'm doing what I can to get the stuff out of the car... patience

Last edited by JL ws-6; 05-19-2006 at 03:55 PM.