Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Subframe ?????'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframe ?????'s

Well Ive been looking at subframes, I should be putting down somewhere around 420hp and I was wondering if the BMR boxed SFC's would do the trick??. And also was wondering about the rear control arms, was wondering if the boxed ones or the tubular ones were better and are the lca relocation brackets necassary.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

well boxed is always stronger then tubular but most of your questions would be based on if your car is lowered. if lowered tubular gives more ground clearence. LCA's i have tubular from SPOHN and LCA relocation brackets are for when you lower the car you lose power to the ground the brackets help put the power back, ive heard of people not lowered using them too
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boxed SFC's are more structurally solid. I went with Global West tubular subframes, because you cannot see them, and honestly they should be strong enough. I went with the tubular LCA's from BMR.

I haven't bothered with the relocation brackets, my car is not lowered, and I don't want to weld them on to a rear I don't plan on keeping.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:54 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 1slowls1
Well Ive been looking at subframes, I should be putting down somewhere around 420hp and I was wondering if the BMR boxed SFC's would do the trick??. And also was wondering about the rear control arms, was wondering if the boxed ones or the tubular ones were better and are the lca relocation brackets necassary.

i do the BMR adj tube PHR, LCA, and subframes in most cars i do, and they seem to work very well.
for what its worth, i run the tube style Sub frames in my car still

i would also do the relocation brackets for sure, they work well.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup I run bmr tubular subframes, umi adj. panhard rod, and umi tubular LCA's and the setup feels awesome.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

I have the BMR Tubular, excellent, one of the first mods I did and you can't see them either.