Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

emissions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default emissions..

So i passed today! I thought you guys would get a laugh out of this, as the kid is pulling the car out, he stalls it and its all on the emissions video what was even funnier was when he comes in to the room where I was waiting (along with 7 or so other people) and was like "whos firebird" holding the keys, and I walk up, take them and say thank you. His face was priceless
Old 06-03-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not exactly a chick car.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:53 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Yeah right? Especially a built one...

So sick!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Haha well I failed due to my ses light since I ditched my air and egr after my header install, so all I had to do is come back with the lights gone and id have my sticker. Well the car slightly changed after that, by the tune of a 232/238 cam. I had my GF bring the car back and the guy was trying to shoot the **** with her and act like he knew his **** about ls1's. She said he stalled the car 5 TIMES before getting it into the bay to do the inspection. My GF was holding her laughter in so bad but was afraid he might fail it and shes like "yea he had a new clutch put it" and the guy is like "yea I can tell, real tough to get it to engage huh?". Its an ls2/ls7 combo and feels like the stocker. He finally get the car into the bay and passes it and comes out to my gf and goes "ummm so do you want to back the car out?" She said it was hilarious to see this guy talk all this **** like he knows performance cars then stall it 5 times lol.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 PM

they stalled mine when they went to test it too.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:56 PM

Then the guy tried to tell me how his friend's ls1 has 513rwhp. I checked the car out, Stock exhaust manifolds. No juice, no boost, nothing. Claimed ls6 motor, but 241 casting heads. What an ***.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Resident

Two points...

1. The nices LSx car I ever drove for emissions was owned buy a pretty hot chick in her mid 20's

2. You try driveing 50 cars a day without stalling a few times, its not easy switching from one car to another all day long. Alot of the older Porsches and Ferraris would give me a hard time.

3. I never stalled a car more than once... laugh at that kid all you want.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 PM
CT Hotness

whoa I am just saying I thought it was humorous. Geesh I still stall my own car often. And I know I'd probably stall a few or more too if I were doing the job, don't take any offense to it man
Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Then the guy tried to tell me how his friend's ls1 has 513rwhp. I checked the car out, Stock exhaust manifolds. No juice, no boost, nothing. Claimed ls6 motor, but 241 casting heads. What an ***.
Lol, some guy at the local car meet tried pulling that a couple years ago with his SS. "It's got a Z06 motor, modified making 500 hp!". Hmm really...did you buy the motor from someone? Because they probably ripped you off, that motor has 241 heads, and LS6 heads are 243, plus they don't have an EGR.

The emissions guy sometimes has problems with mine too, because even though I tell them "give it a second to find the idle after you start it" they immediately throw it in gear and then it barely wants to run.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Haha oh lord ive met plenty of those people in my days. I hang out with a bunch of guys who own evos, stis, srt-4s, etc and one kid came rolling up with an srt-4 claiming it was a stage 5 making 450 whp on pump gas... I asked what turbo and he goes "stock...but its been modified to push 30 psi". I laughed and raced him and smoked him beyond belief. Turns out he had the mopar BOV plate (not even a real BOV), some half assed homemade turboback, and a drop in k&n...idiots!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Two points...

1. The nices LSx car I ever drove for emissions was owned buy a pretty hot chick in her mid 20's

2. You try driveing 50 cars a day without stalling a few times, its not easy switching from one car to another all day long. Alot of the older Porsches and Ferraris would give me a hard time.

3. I never stalled a car more than once... laugh at that kid all you want.

True and I understand stalling a car when you have been working on them all day. Also, your right, every manufacturues clutch has a diff. engagment point, pedal feel, etc so I can see stalling it once, maybe twice, but 5 times...thats absurd. I wouldnt have thought it was so funny if he didnt come out acting like billy badass ls1 guru trying to impress my GF with his car knowledge.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Last time I went for emissions the dude came up and told me there was no cats on the car. I have the Jet-Hot y-pipe with it's internal cats, so I went and showed him. No real biggie. He seemed skeptical, but bought it.

It passed, and he still seemed skeptical, asking about why the exhaust is so loud when handing me my keys and the sheet.

I've got to go back soon to get it done again.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
whoa I am just saying I thought it was humorous. Geesh I still stall my own car often. And I know I'd probably stall a few or more too if I were doing the job, don't take any offense to it man
No offense taken, alot of the kids that do emissions dont know **** (I know I didnt when I started)... The fact is passing the test to become certified for emissions is just alittle bit harder than a McDonalds aplication. So Alot of times you'll get some drop out, drug addict driveing your car (gotta love CT )
Old 06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

yes emissions was an interesting event for me to. guy didnt stall the car considering its an auto... it was funny when it got in and started it and saw the a pillar gauges. he wasnt quite sure what to make of the converter. after he was like your tranny's slipping, i think u need a new one. i told him no thats just the converter. LOL