Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Going to Laconia? Be careful!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Going to Laconia? Be careful!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the death of a friend of mine. He was operating his motorcycle when it collided with the bridge in NH. He was only 32. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Please be careful!

Sorry to be a downer...
Old 06-13-2006, 01:04 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the death of a friend of mine. He was operating his motorcycle when it collided with the bridge in NH. He was only 32. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Please be careful!

Sorry to be a downer...
im going, and there has already been 5 deaths i believe!
sorry to hear about your friend, its a bad thing, i have lost 2 people on bikes, and know many who have come close. they are not forgiving. eyes all around, and no drinking and driving.
be safe
Old 06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
CT Hotness

Sorry to hear. Bikes are pretty scarey, I've know 2 that died personally in past 2 years, and 3 that were severly injured (and I don't have many friends with bikes). My boyfriend was going to take his buddy's bike up, but I told him no (I believe there is a reason why his bike was stolen 2 years ago)
Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
My boyfriend was going to take his buddy's bike up, but I told him no
hahaha...thats messed up right there! Does he buy you new pants for Christmas gifts too?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:20 PM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by Whip
hahaha...thats messed up right there! Does he buy you new pants for Christmas gifts too?
Sure does! I own him,
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Dohhhhhhhh! I hope your atleast good at certain things to make it worth his while! (And hey, your into cars, thats cool too!)
Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm going up with a buddy on Saturday. We're driving up close to Laconia and then taking a train in to avoid the traffic. I haven't been to a bike event so this should be interesting. I guess it's not as wild as Daytona (he said to not expect to see boobies).

A friend of mine wanted to get her motorcycle license a few years ago so I went with her and go mine. The guy teaching the class at Seekonk Speedway said there are two types of riders - riders that have fallen and riders that will fall. He also said to look at all of the cars on the road and think of them as wanting to kill you. For those reasons and the fact that I have always said that I would probably do something stupid and end up dead, I haven't bought a bike. The girl that I went with has lost at least 4-5 friends in motorcycle accidents in the last few years. Yeah, some were screwing around but then there the onces that weren't.

Be careful out there!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I'm going up with a buddy on Saturday. We're driving up close to Laconia and then taking a train in to avoid the traffic. I haven't been to a bike event so this should be interesting. I guess it's not as wild as Daytona (he said to not expect to see boobies).

A friend of mine wanted to get her motorcycle license a few years ago so I went with her and go mine. The guy teaching the class at Seekonk Speedway said there are two types of riders - riders that have fallen and riders that will fall. He also said to look at all of the cars on the road and think of them as wanting to kill you. For those reasons and the fact that I have always said that I would probably do something stupid and end up dead, I haven't bought a bike. The girl that I went with has lost at least 4-5 friends in motorcycle accidents in the last few years. Yeah, some were screwing around but then there the onces that weren't.

Be careful out there!
I haven't been up there since the 80's, when boobie shows were still plentiful. These days they arrest anyone showing boobies .

Have fun up there and don't forget to actually watch some racing.

As a side note, if you wanna see bikers, boobies, and much more, you should check out the Harley Rendezvous in NY. No cops! It's on private property. I used to go to this one years ago, I think they still have it but it is usually held the week before Laconia.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
Sorry to hear. Bikes are pretty scarey, I've know 2 that died personally in past 2 years, and 3 that were severly injured (and I don't have many friends with bikes). My boyfriend was going to take his buddy's bike up, but I told him no (I believe there is a reason why his bike was stolen 2 years ago)
Did you arrange for the disapperance of the bike.???
Old 06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Did you arrange for the disapperance of the bike.???
Nope, I didn't know him then. I love bikes, and would have loved to ride with him but theres a reason for everything.
I would love to own a bike, but the only thing stopping me is
1. Worried about getting hit
2. Too short to fit on the kind of bike I would want
3. I can barely make my car payment
hehe