Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bad luck or stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad luck or stupidity

I recently just sold my old car to a buddy of mine and picked up my first LS1. So yesterday i was going to my lady friends house and i drove past his house, and i was just like "no way". So i turned around, and yeah he totalled it. I called him and he said he had parked it on a hill and went inside and came out and it had rolled back into a tree. I just find it a little unlikely that the car suddenly has such a big flaw as e-brake failure, after i sell it and he has it for 3 weeks, when i drove it for 18 months and parked on a hill everyday. Either way he should have put it into gear.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car will roll unless the ebrake handle is pulled up all the way until it stops. I even asked the guy at the dealer to adjust it and he said it was fine. Anything other than all the way up and my car will roll so I guess it could happen. Sometimes I need to jump out for a second and don't feel like shutting the car off but if I don't I would probably watch my car roll away too. Sucks though for your buddy.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:01 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Man that sucks. When I park, I always pull the emergency brake, keep my foot on the brake pedal and clutch, put it in second gear, shut of the car, take my foot off the brake, then off the clutch.

That way, the pressure is on the parking brake first, and if that fails, the clutch and gear box should hold it. I don't like holding the pressure on the transmission if I don't have to.