Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Textralia OZ700 is in. Thanks Don!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Textralia OZ700 is in. Thanks Don!

Thanks to the guys at Dez Racing in Seakonk, MA for doing a fine job on the installation, and for doing it for a reasonable price. Don sure as heck made the job look easy! Some times it's nice to shell out some cash and just sit back and watch the work be done.

The clutch set up features Textralia's 18 lb steel billet flywheel and Z grip friction plate. A new pilot bearing and slave went in with the new clutch. The T56 was filled with Penzoil Synchromesh.

The car shifts like butter, pedal effort is ever so slightly greater than stock. It engages at mid travel, perfect. There's a little bit of chatter while taking up drive, maybe it will smooth out once it breaks in and I get a better feel for it. No biggie if it stays this way, it's not bad at all. The clutch is silent. We'll see how it holds once it's broken in.

I'm really looking forward to launching hard and putting up a decent ET with this car.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best clutch ive ever owned. chatter will be gone after about 200 miles. i ran this clutch for over a year with countless runs on the street and track and its never skipped a beat. you'll love it im sure...goodluck.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it's my driving or if it's the break-in, but the chatter seems to have deminished after 75 miles of normal city and highway driving.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine was pretty much chatter free by 200 miles. The Textralia guys said if it was chattering past that point to go out and do a clutch dump or two, and that should smooth out the engagement.

I've had the clutch for almost 2 years now and love it. Very streetable, but never has a problem holding many 6k clutch dumps on slicks.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put this clutch in my GTO about 2 weeks ago. I love it so far. Unfortunately the weather has been horrible and i havent really gotten to drive it much.