Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bull Run Week 5: 04-10-07

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bull Run Week 5: 04-10-07

OMG what a twisty episode, legs that only seperated teams by 15 seconds each. I was real excited to see the T/A to get a second shot. Unfortunately TCS was the ultimate doom for that challange, There is a box out there that will leave it off all the time, maybe they should have gotten that, eh?

Also later on when they got the time bonus, the tranny cooler line blew which sucked ***, I so wish they went 6 speed, especially for a rally. My heart almost dropped with the tranny being possibly blown.

The sucky part is when Honda didnt get a time bonus, they were definitly going home, only for the fact that one of the BMW guys lost their uncle and went home that the driver gave up the spot, with the exception of team scion no other team lost due to to time, either broke down or forfited the race.

Next week looks like drama.....!

Discuss!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its great to see Mike is still going.

I have to give you some inside info. I too tried out for the show. Both me and Mike sent our audition vids in over the Labor day weekend. Well he's in im not. All we were told they were going to automotive type challenges, and the final challenge for the money was going to be assembling a motor. That isnt going to happen. Casting must of did this to throw us off and starting point was supposed to be in Vancover BC too that was different.

Anyway, I was freeeking out that I was only going to have 10 business days to get the car ready to go and 1wk to ship. I got my call that I was not going. But Mike once he did his interview in Hollywood he only had 5 days to get the car ready. Just have to remeber that when looking at things.

One thing that I think they did was to capture whats its like to drive with someone in a car for a wk plus!!!!! I know its boring to watch, but when you are around someone with little sleep, getting lost and wicked challenge if you finish out of the top 2. Its starts bickering and fights. I have raced in the One Lap of America 3 times and have covered 7500 miles in 9 days mostly at night and raced the car during the day. I know what these guys are going through!!!!

Later John
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i didn't see either of the alsop's in the clips of next week's drama, which appeared to be in the tent at the end of the next leg!!! i could've missed them tho, wasn't really paying too much attention.

i can't believe dippy & dopey doo came out on top.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
i can't believe dippy & dopey doo came out on top.
Eventually, even a fat chick gets laid.

I think next weeks episode is really going to revolve around Team F-150 and Team Lotus, thats def coming to a head. *BOOM*
Old 04-11-2007, 06:20 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I missed it last night, so who got the boot?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Internet Mechanic

Team BMW, but this is why it is twisty, the navigator's uncle died, and they want him to come home, the driver wanted to stay. Team Honda screwed up bad during the challange and was dead last on the 2nd leg, then went for the time bonus and there was none to be had. So in the end there were supposed to be going home. But The driver from the BMW team forfitted his spot becuase the team couldnt go on.

If the driver wanted, he could do it alone but thats mad crazy.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

the best part is that I am on paper work which means no phone and I can listen to the full episode on spiketv.com BONUS!!1!!111!!1!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Got to give props to the BMW Driver for giving up his spot like that. Next week looks interesting, but I don't think too much will come out of it. I was dying when the Honda team got into that argument. "some people like me more than they like you." Who cares?! I hope the Olds is the next to go. Is it me or does it seem like the Olds gets the most TV air time too?!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Internet Mechanic

Those jamokes get air time because they are a joke!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good episode. It was cool to see Alsop drop under the car and clamp the tranny line. I hated the BMW guys so see ya later...Next week looks good. The Lotus and F150 guys go at it...I guess you cant go 5 MPH over the limit or you get DQ'd and the F150 guys tape it or something...looks like good drama!