Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

GTO dropped off

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO dropped off

Well took the 90 min hike from here in worcester down to eastside performance, to have the cam put in I can't wait until she is done, I probably won't be able to pick her up until friday no biggie friday is looking to be nice up here in worcester! Now my question is do they tune real conservative over @ esp? I have a couple over @ ls2gto.com saying that eastside tunes on the conservative side and I won't get the numbers I was hoping for. Is there truth to this and if so is there a reason? I'm just curious because I spoke with a number of Fbod owners from this site here and everyone of them loves esp.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

just let them know what you want to do...if you want a conservative tune or a aggressive tune.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:38 AM
9 Second Club

You are in good hands at Eastside,As far as the tune give Sean a call let him no what you want.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

They're not gonna send your car out with a tune that could hurt the motor... it's gonna be on the safe side. But, understand that you're only talking about a 10 hp difference from a tune that is safe, and a tune that is on the edge.... that being said, it's not really worth having it any way other then safe.

Would you rather have a tune that you can drive on and know the car is not gonna hurt itself, or want a tune that will lead to burnt piston? Don't worry, you're in good hands.

What exactly do you have done to the car, and what were you hoping for power? Did eastside get you the cam, or did you supply it?
Old 04-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We do NOT tune cars to a unsafe level, plain and simple, your timing tables and air fuel will be correct for your set up, anyone saying we tune to conservative an you wont get the numbers your looking for are either competing shops/tuners or people who have unrealistic goals for their st ups.

your car is in VERY good hands
Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
They're not gonna send your car out with a tune that could hurt the motor... it's gonna be on the safe side. But, understand that you're only talking about a 10 hp difference from a tune that is safe, and a tune that is on the edge.... that being said, it's not really worth having it any way other then safe.

Would you rather have a tune that you can drive on and know the car is not gonna hurt itself, or want a tune that will lead to burnt piston? Don't worry, you're in good hands.

What exactly do you have done to the car, and what were you hoping for power? Did eastside get you the cam, or did you supply it?
I completly trust eastside and I can't wait til I get it back, I just want to proive some ppl wrong that like another tuner/shop ( won't say any names) just to show ppl that you guys do great work with cars. When I went there yesterday it was exactly what I expected nothing but GM performance and thats a good sign. By the way I am having a cam installed 232/234 112lsa pushrods and springs. The price is great and customer service has been outstanding thus far. Can't wait til I get her back. I feel lonely right now.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had any worries about their tuning, you should have discussed this when you dropped your car off at the shop or on the telephone.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
If you had any worries about their tuning, you should have discussed this when you dropped your car off at the shop or on the telephone.
Thanks, but um not so much worries I was just wondering how they tuned there and was asking if I was going to get a conservative tune (lesshp) as opose to an aggressive tune (morehp). And people were bad mouthing esp and I just wanted to clarify some things I heard that occured after the initial dropoff. But by no means am I worried, if I was worried the least bit I would have never took the 2hr drive when I have a preferred performance shop just 20 mins from my house make sense now? So with that said lets get one thing straight I am not worried about my car the tune or how it will perform, just asking some questions.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ESP is the only place, other than my own shop, that I would trust with my car. You are in good hands and don't believe any haters. Best thing to do is to call sean and let him know what you want.

On a side note, 10 extra rwhp isn't worth have the risk of blowing the engine IMO.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetness
I completly trust eastside and I can't wait til I get it back, I just want to proive some ppl wrong that like another tuner/shop ( won't say any names) just to show ppl that you guys do great work with cars. When I went there yesterday it was exactly what I expected nothing but GM performance and thats a good sign. By the way I am having a cam installed 232/234 112lsa pushrods and springs. The price is great and customer service has been outstanding thus far. Can't wait til I get her back. I feel lonely right now.
Look at it this way. These people are trying to promote another shop with an owner that owns a GTO.The shop is very new and it's too bad that people on that site have no clue. ESP has been in bussiness alot longer and knows what they are doing.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Look at it this way. These people are trying to promote another shop with an owner that owns a GTO.The shop is very new and it's too bad that people on that site have no clue. ESP has been in bussiness alot longer and knows what they are doing.
thank you sir, exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Race your car!

If you don't mind me askign, what shop are you referring to? I'm curious if it's a place here in CT or not.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you don't mind me askign, what shop are you referring to? I'm curious if it's a place here in CT or not.
Go to www.ls1gto.com -eastern section and you'll see what I mean.For some weird reason these owners think it's good when a tuner takes 4 hours to tune a header only car
Old 04-28-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mongillo motors, totally nothing against them or the gto's going there just not the direction I wanted to go, waiting to see what esp can do for me rather than be like the rest of the pack. Monday I will really start to get excited because thats when work is suppose to start on her, so esp don't get mad if I call to ask if the hood has been popped yet!!!! lol.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sweetness
Well took the 90 min hike from here in worcester down to eastside performance, to have the cam put in I can't wait until she is done, I probably won't be able to pick her up until friday no biggie friday is looking to be nice up here in worcester! Now my question is do they tune real conservative over @ esp? I have a couple over @ ls2gto.com saying that eastside tunes on the conservative side and I won't get the numbers I was hoping for. Is there truth to this and if so is there a reason? I'm just curious because I spoke with a number of Fbod owners from this site here and everyone of them loves esp.
good luck with the car bro. hope you get everything your looking for out of it. maybe ill cya rolling around worcester when its done.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldnt let anyone else touch my car other than ESP.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Race your car!

well, I had to register on the damn gto site to post, but hopeully it was worth it.

I dunno who the hell mongillo is, never heard of them before.... doesn't mean they don't know anything, but I highly doubt they have 1/10000 of the experience with lsx stuff that the sponsors on here have. That being said.....
Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

well, I had to register on the damn gto site to post, but hopeully it was worth it.

I dunno who the hell mongillo is, never heard of them before.... doesn't mean they don't know anything, but I highly doubt they have 1/10000 of the experience with lsx stuff that the sponsors on here have. That being said.....
I saw your post over there....
Old 04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

saw the post... enough said. Hey can I come for a ride in your trans also?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Race your car!

sure, just bring a change of shorts LOL.