Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NJ Tpk = hole in window, any way to charge back?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NJ Tpk = hole in window, any way to charge back?

Probably a dumb question, but I need to ask if anyone has had any experience with trying to have the NJ Tpk pay for a hole in my window caused by a huge bolder? Figure since we pay to use the highway, they gotta have some sort of insurance that woud cover damages...

This is just one very very bad week and I cannot afford to spend more $$. I just got my car fixed so I can get it inspected today, and now this **** happens, and inspection is over 1 month now!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

it's not soemthing that can be done in any short amount of time. I had a friend who had to sue Nassau county and the Town of Oyster bay for damage to his car while they were doing road work. took almost two years.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FireHawkMike
took almost two years.
sounds about accurate
Old 05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Probably a dumb question, but I need to ask if anyone has had any experience with trying to have the NJ Tpk pay for a hole in my window caused by a huge bolder?
Knowing NJ the way I do now, I wouldn't be suprised if they charged you for damage to the boulder.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Knowing NJ the way I do now, I wouldn't be suprised if they charged you for damage to the boulder.

hahahahahah!

True!

Its useless dude. I hit a HUGE pothole along with 5 other cars in Old Bridge on Rt18, lost 2 rims and 2 tires on the passenger side. That was 5 years ago, I'm still waiting for payment.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
hahahahahah!

True!

Its useless dude. I hit a HUGE pothole along with 5 other cars in Old Bridge on Rt18, lost 2 rims and 2 tires on the passenger side. That was 5 years ago, I'm still waiting for payment.
in a similar situation, a guy i work with was driving down rt 80 (i think) on his way to a fire call (he's a volunteer firefighter) and ended up running over a downed light pole that was laying across the highway. it damaged all 4 rims and blew out 2 tires. the lucky SOB was able to get compensated within 3 months based on the fact that he was a volunteer firefighter on his way to an emergency.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I know my one very close friend flattened 2 of her tires and destroyed one wheel completely due to a huge crack on the side of the road, of which other cars nailed and also flattened and destroyed wheels. This was at night, and raining outside. Cops did nothing. Even though there were 3 cars pulled to the side of the road with 18-wheelers flying by. This was rt3 I believe on way to the city.

But this one cop did provide her with information on how to put a claim forward for repayment. Some sort of insurance the state, or county has...

Search this Thread