Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

HARRIS SPEED WORKS custom camshaft installed~!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HARRIS SPEED WORKS custom camshaft installed~!

that's right, they now not only do the nitrous thing but are doing the camshaft/heads thing and doing it well.

i got the prototype "big" cam that nick/matt spec'd out- the first one they did. the specs are unknown to me but all i know is the car is an ANIMAL on motor now, and it gained over 60rwhp from previous stock internal dyno runs there. went from a measley 290rwhp (best) to 350rwhp.

if you look at the #'s you might say "only 350rwhp??" but remember this is going through a th400, with a 3800 stall. the thing you have to realize is the GAIN i got from it.

if nick and matt want to they can post the graphs, im really only concerned about track #'s and i have a fuel pressure issue to deal with on nitrous. once i get that figured out i'll have some track times for this thing.

like im sure everybody has heard before also, nick's mechanical work is phenominal, the attention to detail is excellent and he found a couple problems that needed to be addressed and helped me handle them quickly and easily. matt did an awesome time tuning the car, driveability is that of what i'd expect from a big cam. wot is great, and nice and safe (rich) with no radical amount of timing. honestly this cam doesn't need it to make the power!

BIG thanks to harris speed works. i don't know any other shops that would stay there with me till 9:30 just so i can have my car back for a nice weekend. most places would tell you to get fuct and pick it up the next week- but they know how it is.

anyway- im going out for a cruize!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

supporting mods on your car? I know I'm gonna be dealing with matt for tuning/ and some welding i need done. Perhaps a dry kit early in the summer but if they are also making custom cam's now that could be cool.

What are your supporting mods for those numbers? Full bolt ons?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Th400 sap around 65-70 hp so putting around 420 rwhp if had been a 6 speeds is pretty potent.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats good **** right there
Old 05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fibbado
supporting mods on your car? I know I'm gonna be dealing with matt for tuning/ and some welding i need done. Perhaps a dry kit early in the summer but if they are also making custom cam's now that could be cool.

What are your supporting mods for those numbers? Full bolt ons?
Its pretty much a basic bolt on car...headers, exhaust, ls6 intake, bigger injectors, pump....no pully, stock water pump, big stall through a th400..sleeper can chime back on with anything i missed...car went 10.70's on a 150shot before the cam..and, still sportin the 2.73's nick??...should be a little quicker now... .
Old 05-05-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

That's an awesome move by HSW. Adding a heads/cam package to their lineup combined with the excellent reputation of their shop would be extremely profitable. I wish them luck.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

10.71 @ 125mph before the cam on a 150 shot. motor averaged low 12's, hit 11.8 in COLD weather with -1500' da' though. we'll see what it runs now on motor. i'll make a post about it when i get time to go to the track.

in actuality my old dyno #'s were with 2.73's and now im running 3.42's, so some power (on the dyno reading) was lost there also. AND my old #'s of 290 was on about 30* of timing- the new #'s are on 26*.

it runs GOOOOOOOD on motor now and like i said it is not tuned on the ragged edge of blowing the motor apart, it is nice and safe. so safe i might add some timing in - although if matt found out i touched the tune he'd probably rip my head off
Old 05-05-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

If HSW added a sleeper cam to their lineup, then I would seriously consider it for the camaro.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

well it wouldn't really be a true "sleeper" cam if they advertised it

honestly, i have no doubt that they have the knowledge to spec out a cam that is less noticable and makes gobs of power. i said screw it i want something big haha.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

congrats nick!! io knew you were getting something like that done.

lemme know whenb you hit the track ill come up to watch!!

-brandon
Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you were keeping it a secret. Hahaha I'm headed to HSW later today. I want to see how quick they can do my heads and cam instal.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

zger- if you heard the thing you'd see that me trying to keep it a "secret" is impossible...

brandon- im gonna go to the track whenever i have time, maybe in a week or 2 but i'd like to get the fuel pressure issue figured out before i go again. im might just go on motor for the hell of it but the da' isn't the best this time of year so i don't expect to be breaking any records till the fall when it gets cooler again.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wondered why such a good shop that has so many Nitrous products different offer a cam but i found out from Nick awhile back that they have cams custom grinded! Hope they get a line out soon even though my SS is going to be dropped off sat for a cam install