Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pics of me and my patrol car in Germany...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of me and my patrol car in Germany...

it has been a very long 14 months here, and they just extended my unit for an undisclosed amount of time LOL. anywho it was a very quiet saturday night/ sunday morning and i had an extra hour to kill so i figured i would shoot everyone a few pictures of a beautiful German sunrise. FWI the patrol car is a 2005 Ford Mondeo 2.0L Duratec 4 cylinder a4. not a bad car the majority of our fleet has over 120 thousand kilometers on it (approximately 75k miles) have been run all day everyday for 18 months. this one is a baby 24k kilometers on it (approximately 18k miles). I know I know its a Ford, and these are European spec/built cars... they break a lot (like I said we beat the crap out of these cars 24/7). if they had just sent us US spec Impalas it would been much more reliable... Anyway hope ya'll enjoy and let me know what you think
Gus

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...mvee65/389.jpg http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...mvee65/388.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...mvee65/382.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...mvee65/380.jpg
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Gus
Thanks for the pics and stay safe brother!!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hoodchip..... I take you're not gonna be home in june in june now

Stay safe..... I hope ya can make it home soon!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow dude ya think they woudl at least give ya a humvee cause your an MP.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks gorgeous out there. Good luck and stay safe for the rest of your stay!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stay safe E...See ya soon.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

thanks guys. ya i work midnights so I rarely get to see the scenery out here, but now that the sun rises around 5 am i can LOL. it is a very beautiful country, most of germany is rural farmland.
F-bobby
I do have a Humvee, they are back in CT. Besides you can't navigate through the tight *** city streets very well in one. that and it wouldn't be that much fun on the Autobahn
Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
thanks guys. ya i work midnights so I rarely get to see the scenery out here, but now that the sun rises around 5 am i can LOL. it is a very beautiful country, most of germany is rural farmland.
F-bobby
I do have a Humvee, they are back in CT. Besides you can't navigate through the tight *** city streets very well in one. that and it wouldn't be that much fun on the Autobahn
ahhh gotcha. didnt know you were in a small town. yeah i can see why ya need a "nimble" car around there.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-Bobby
ahhh gotcha. didnt know you were in a small town. yeah i can see why ya need a "nimble" car around there.
ya these cars handle and brake extemely well LOL i dont live in a small town, the city we are based out of has like 75k people living out of it. but european cities have extremely small streets and vehicles. the town the pictures were in is maybe 15k people in it. the post here is pretty large but the posts (Kasernes) are from 3 kilometers to 30 kilometers away. i hate Germany and Europe, but it has certainly been an experense to live and work here for well over a year, plus im not getting shot at and having **** blown up around me every day...
Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
F-bobby

i was in rome one night, sitting in p.za venezia waiting for a night bus (quite intoxicated) and i saw a black H2 driving down one of the little side alleys. it was my first time ever seeing one in person. it was so funny. you would definitely be out of place if you had one over there!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be thankful you are not in Iraq!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevethepirate
i was in rome one night, sitting in p.za venezia waiting for a night bus (quite intoxicated) and i saw a black H2 driving down one of the little side alleys. it was my first time ever seeing one in person. it was so funny. you would definitely be out of place if you had one over there!
ya ive seen a couple of those things around here, and now that the weather is getting nicer ive seen quite a few vettes driving around here.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Nice pix. Hopefully you get to come home soon!! Stay safe over there.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

hey buddy nice scenery but too bad that spot under your flag on the sleeve is empty
Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

lol thats a goofy looking light bar on that thing. what exactly do you patrol over there out in the city streets? and sprechen zie deutch? hahah wow thats bad, well i used to sprechen it back in high school, guess im a lil rusty..
Old 05-18-2007, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
lol thats a goofy looking light bar on that thing. what exactly do you patrol over there out in the city streets? and sprechen zie deutch? hahah wow thats bad, well i used to sprechen it back in high school, guess im a lil rusty..
its a european setup, the whole system is made in germany (light bar, siren, and charging system) ya i thought they looked stupid at first, local german nationals mistake us for Polizei all the time. because of the SOFA agreement the US government has to buy X-amount of products from host nations, hence the patrol car and light system. we patrol all over the place, on post, off post, and downtown areas. no i dont speak that much german LOL, just enough to order a beer, order food, or understand very very basic conversation (have to answer back in english LOL)