Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Corvette Wiper Motor? Anyone have any ideas ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Corvette Wiper Motor? Anyone have any ideas ?

Hey all. I am having a problem with the windshied wipers. 2 days ago I went to car wash and wipers danced a bit then were on all the time. I had to remove the fuse to make them stop.

After doing lots of searching here, I learned that the utters were very clogged and the module/ wiper motor was wet.

I got Autozone rebuilt motor and replaced it. Now the wipers act up differently, sometime they wipe sometimes they are unresponsive, sometimes they go up and stick for a few seconds, sometimes in regular wipe mode they dont move, in Fast mode they work all the time.

Do I need a new motor , wiper arm assembly or anone else have a suggestion?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you resuse the wiper Module or did the rebuilt one come with one already installed? If I had to guess the wiper Module that is hooked to the wiper motor is FUBAR!!!!!

John
Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Actually the Wiper module was new/rebuilt it came attached with the Autozone wiper motor. So yes it to was replaced.

Someone at work mentioned maybe a Relay,. Maybe that would help,.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

The wiper module sounds like it is no good. Usually any complaints like yours I would stick a NEW wiper module on it. The thing that you mentioned now that after changing it is that they act differently. You still dont happen to have the orignal wiper motor you took off? you could try and swap them(modules) to see if the symptoms change.

John
Old 05-16-2007, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Yes John I still have the original wiper motor with the module., You say switch them and see what happens? Is it easy to do.., meaning it comes right off?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
TECH Resident

Go back to autozone and get a new motor/module. They should swap it for no cost (if you tell them the reman one is defective).
Old 05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

I did exactally what you said Specialized, Guy was cool and had new motor today. Put it in and this one works., Now just having problem what position to put in the wiper motor cam.