Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

calling all 98 LS1 owners!!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calling all 98 LS1 owners!!!!

Anybody around McGuire that has a 98 PCM that's compatable to my 98 Camaro? I only want to plug it into my car to see if my fuel gauge reads normally. I swapped A4-M6 along with a computer and the new computer always shows me an empty tank with a couple codes. I can't trace any problems down with wiring or the sender so I'm guessing it's the PCM but I wanna try to swap it to test it before I throw out 200 bucks. Won't drive the car around or nothing, just plug it in and see if the fuel gauge comes back to life. I'll even throw in a case of beer or something (if you're of age of course)

Give me a PM
Thanks!
Dan
Old 06-02-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

oh forgot to mention my car is still driveable so I can meet you wherever. I just don't want to go more than... 40 min to an hour?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'am having the same problem.I ran out of gas burned out the fuel pump replaced it with an oem pump and my gas gauge is stuck .I was told it's the fuel sender.I've been filling the tank all the way up and resetting the trip mileage and gassing up @175 miles it take around 11 gallons.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

yeah I've been doing that too but I'm pretty sure it's not the sender on mine. everything worked fine until I swapped the PCM's. Even when I swapped back it went back to normal but the old one wasn't tuned right for the manual. I got rid of it though a while back and I wanna double check to make sure it's not the sender before I put the money down.

If you are interested though I bought a used pump assy with the sender on it a few months back. I'll have to see what I bought it for but let me know if interested.

Search this Thread