Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Remembering 9/11, The 2007 Ride For Pride.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remembering 9/11, The 2007 Ride For Pride.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

Well folks, it's time again to get this ball rollin'.

The 2007 Ride For Pride will be held on Saturday, September 8.

For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton, and with the assistance of M. Gonzales and C. Pryce. The first Ride For Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. This event has grown since then. The 2006 count was 52 vehicles, including members from FBodyHideout, Eastern FBody Association, LS1Tech, FirstStateFBody, HRFBody, LS1GTO, TurboBuicks, and others.

Here is last year's cruise video...
http://www.up2nogood.com/911.html ... 2006

So, on with the details.

When: Saturday, September 8, 2007.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va.
http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North. We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Afterward: I hope to have a place to eat/relax/chat/etc. lined up for us.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE. RFP had it's first accident last year, lets not have a repeat.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

Please be sure you have enough fuel for the cruise. There is a gas station not too far, and I will give directions to any who ask.

This year's cruise has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day. Lets come together and show that we support our servicemen/women. Lets come together and show that the 'American-Car-Enthusiast' is more than just that!

Last edited by Cory; 06-17-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

thats a great vid. hopefully, if all goes to plan, ill have a car by than and i would love to attend!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Launching!

I've talked to people who have done it in the past, sounds like a lot of fun, I plan on it this year.

..Bump.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Bump.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Just a bump. Two months to go.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

I'd love to go. I'm from New York though, and maby I could get a few guys from the F-Body car club I'm in to go also. I'll definately try my hardest to be there!

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

sounds like a good cruise with a good purpose. hope there is a big turn out i'll try to make it
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Update, Aug. 6, 2007.

This year’s Ride for Pride (RFP) will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our servicemen and women, and their children.

Present at the staging area will be Operation Care. It is a small organization that collects donations from many sources, and uses the money to help the children who have lost a mother or father in service to our Nation. The money has also been used to send packages to those serving overseas, whether it be in Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere.

Operation Care was founded six years ago by Joyce Ammen, a retired U.S. Army Sergeant. She works with several military units, but primarily supports the 289th M.P. Company, U.S. Army, stationed at Ft. Myer, Virginia; and the 218th M.P. Company, U.S. Marine Corps, stationed at Quantico, Virginia. Both of these units have members currently serving in Iraq.

Operation Care will have coffee and cookies for the participants of this year’s Ride for Pride.

I ask that you help support this cause by making a donation. Whether it be one, five, 10, 20 dollars or more…every dollar counts, and will make a difference. I have spoken with Ms. Ammen and found her work to be commendable.

I stated in my original post that we should show we are more than just car-enthusiasts. Well, this will prove it!

A big thank you goes out to Pat from LS1GTO.com for helping set up this addition to RFP. An addition I hope will become a mainstay in future RFPs.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Launching!

TTT.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Bump, this is a great event. Definitely worth a couple hours on a saturday, its cool to have 50ish muscle cars cruising together around the beltway. I'll be there for sure
Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Bump, this is a great event. Definitely worth a couple hours on a saturday, its cool to have 50ish muscle cars cruising together around the beltway. I'll be there for sure
See you there then. You'll follow us all the way this year, right?

Two and a half weeks to go.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

If I didn't live so far away I'd be all over it
Old 08-22-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Lol, yup, no flyby as you all exit this year This year the fiancee doesn't come, but i stay for the whole thing, so i guess its a trade-off.

This is a great way to show you care about your country! Show up if you can, the more cars the better.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Launching!

great curise i have a blast last year they only way to make this year better than last year is somebody doesnt put it in the ditch and there are more cars and hopefully more F-BODYS than gto's. looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Teching In

BUMP for some more GTO's ha ha. Maybe more then 1 Grand National this year, please.

Mike
Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Bump. Ill be there
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gotrice?
Bump. Ill be there
Make sure your not late. The schedule is very tight this year.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:52 AM
On The Tree

I wish that I could be there, but seeing as I just bought my car and this is 2 weeks from that purchase date.. you get the picture. Well, there will be a next year, and I was just down there a little over a month ago, for a car audio competition in the neon that I just sold, I know for us upstate guys, it is a good 5 hour drive to get down there.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

bump for today
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Bump. 11 days left.