Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default You know you drive an F body when:

Sorry if its a re-post, but I got a kick out of this:

1) It takes you 8 hrs to change the spark plugs
2) You have to worry about breaking your rear end with even stock power
3) When you have to buy tires every year
4) Driving on the on ramp to the highway means wide open throttle
ohyeah.
5) When you go under an overpass or through a tunnel you downshift into first and got full throttle because it sounds like an indycar
6) When you're trying to sneak out the house and you have to push your car about 2 1/2 blocks away just to turn your car so you're not heard at home....
^ive done that, 2 1/2 blocks isnt far enough away! haha
7) You find yourself listening to the exhaust instead of the tunes
8) You can spot another fbody or vette from a half mile by the daytime lights
9) When you take more pics of your car than anything else.
10) When you see someone you know... you drop it down into 1st, slowly roll by them, and tap the accelerator while lookin at them like "yea... you know you're impressed"
everytime
11) When you cruise thru the mall parking lots just to see how many car alarms you can set off
12) When you refuse to put on a front liscense plate cuz you gotta see that front bowtie
13) When you meet total strangers that have the same intrest and act like old friends from high school..
14) You buy the wife her own F-body, so she won't drive yours
15) When you are always looking for more traction
16) When old people shake their fist at you.
17) When old guys give you a thumbs up
18) When you have to drive at an angle driving on to/up steep driveways and roads
19) When you secretly watch people in the parking lot as you start your car up... and you get a kick out of it when they turn to see what the hell that was
20) You completely disregard fuel economy and just drive for the hell of it
21) When you're waiting for your check to clear just so you can add another mod
22) When you tell people not to lean on your car
23) When you dont mind people staring at your car
24) You drive passed an alll glass building and just look at your cars reflection
25) When you take the long way to a store just so you can have as much driving time as possible
26) If someone says "strange", you dont think about it being wierd. you think rear ends
27. Your always trying to find out what that "tick" is
no. theres not ticks in my car
28. Your homepage is Ls1.com
29. Instead of trying to beat the redlight, you hope it stops you so u can race from the dig
30. When a conversation starter becomes "So what have you done to her?"
31. when you are coming to a dip in the road too fast, your stomach twists, and you involuntarily pick up your feet cuz you know the exhaust is about to scrape.
32. you start seeing Mustangs in your rear-view on a regular basis.
33.when you see a cop or any car with lights on top you already feel guilty, like when exiting a store and thinking the theft alarm is going to go off. Even though you did nothing wrong.
34. when you find that damn hidden cup holder under the radio, and it makes the whole week seem great.
35. when you meet someone new and you are sooooo looking forward when they ask you what type of car you drive. You might even drop hints so they ask sooner, "nah i wish I can go out on saturday but I have to work on my car...."
36. when you change lanes immediatly if you see some sprinklers running
37. when you use your exhaust note instead of your horn (or is that just me)
38. when you take forever to park in a parking lot because you analyze every possible outcome about parking next to this guy or that guy and end up parking across the street and still some ******* parks next to you, but you dont get mad if its another GM muscle car.........and so on
39. when you seem to always take the long way home
40. You Cringe when the passenger goes to shut the door, because you KNOW they are going to slam it.
41. You have to dry your car twice, because after the first time, you open the hatch and the rear quarters get soaked again.
42. You dont rotate your tires, You just move the fronts to the rears and buy 2 new ones for the front.
43. You create curse words for GM because of the way they engineer stuff, but you wouldnt buy anything else
44. You can make a conversation peice about how many times you've changed your window motor.
45. Your heart skips a beat after filling up the tank.
46. You see 2 slow cars racing and you join the race just to see the look on their face as you pass them from 5 cars behind. (Did that to 2 jettas yesterday)
47. You only put half a tank in on Saturday night because you don't need the extra 'race weight'
48. You drive a 'normal' car and you think there is something wrong because it barely moves at 50% throttle
49. If the intake is the first thing you look at when you pop the hood of another f-body.
50. If someone says B4C or 1LE and you know EXACTLY what they are talking about
51. When you have to hide the bank statements so your wife won't know how much you spent on mods that month.
52. when you conciously look for other f bodies to park next to everywhere you go
53. when you stop associating with someone (for good) for making a disrespectful comment about your car (some people are just plain ignorant!)
54. when youv'e got your girlfriend talking **** on every mustang/import she sees, and she knows more about f-bodies than most guys (guys who don't drive them that is)
55. when your 4 year old nephew tells a guy in a wal mart parking lot that his car (mustang) sucks.
56. when you spend more $ on detailing supplies than you do on food.
57. when you know your cars birthday, but not your woman's
58. When your girlfriend asks do you love your car more than me? and you just stand there silent lol.
59. You slow down to let some ricer catch up, then give him the thumbs down and smoke his ***.
60. When all you think about is your car and what to do to it next.
61. When you lock the doors with the little remote like 6 times before you actually go inside the house.
62. you try every chance to back into a spot where more people than not will be affected by the sound of you exhaust the next time you start it.
63. your blood pressure goes through the roof the second you see a car parked right next to yours (non fbod), and the only relief you get is after a thorough investigation of that side.
64. You can't hear the person next to you talking when you're accelerating
65. You treat stop lights like the tree at the drag strip, watching the other directions light for when it turns yellow, then red
66. You know where EVERY fbody in your neighborhood is
67.You cut your arms on the cowl when swapping the intake manifold
68. You break you're oil pressure sending unit when swapping the intake manifold
69. You avoid puddles at all costs
70. You know where EVERY manhole cover is and dodge them like doing slalom
71. You don't have "ohh **** handles"
72. You can put your car sideways at 25mph
73. Your car has the "corvette engine"
74. You watch for cops like your life depends on it
75. You dream about working on your car or driving your car lol.
(probably more true for us overseas)
76. you get all excited when you see it sitting in the garage, or in the parking lot at work.
77. When you don't mind getting out of bed in the morning remembering what you're about to drive to work in.
78. When you park with the front out you always give it more gas then normal when backing in so people know your there
79. When you go to a gathering you always downshift so they know your comming
80. When you see a mustang comming up on the highway you go to 2nd or 3rd depending on the speed so they wont get away with a ricer fly bye
81. When at a fast food restraunt the person on the speaker ask you to turn off your car
Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

82. When people you know ask you to burn out, you wont. but when people are staring, that you've never met, you will give them a smoke show
83. When everyone in the parking lot stops what they're doing to stare at your car cause the noise
84. After a burnout people a 1/2 mile away come to find out what happend and see if everyones ok ( happend to me )
85. You're the local rednecks greatest hero even more so than hank williams sr
86. You travel 1 hr to other towns to look for a race
87. When you have to roll your windows up 1 at a time.
88. They are still slower than any window known to man
89. when you have a mod called The Hot Seat mod
90. You cringe when the passenger goes to shut the door... by the WINDOW!
91. you never honk your horn, instead you just rev up your motor. I don't think i have ever used my horn.
92. when you're driving another manual(standard), you can't seem to find reverse
93. when every five speed you drive, you think it needs a sixth gear
94. your cell phone wallpaper is your f-body
95. your computer wallpaper is your f-body
96. when everyone you work with knows your car
97. You go onto forums and ask peoples opinions for everything,like you have no mind of your own..... Should I buy 2 ply or 1?.... Coke or Pepsi?
98. people ask you where you get the money for such a shiney and fast car, and you explain to them that their new Kia costs twice what your Firebird did
99. you are a master at limbo (or have back/neck problems) from having to snake or squeeze your way into your car due to the person parked TOO close next to you. Or in some cases, you have crawled in through your hatch to not risk it...
100. You always clean the area under the rear spoiler not because someone will see it ,but because another F-Body owner will notice
101. When you give directions to your house you always conclude it with "it's the house with all the burnout marks in front of the driveway"
102. When your child gets totally pi^^ed off when they have to ride in the rear seat. But when they ride in front, they spend all their time looking out the window to see if any of their friends see them in the car
103. you blow one up and go buy a new one the next day
104. When the people at Auto Zone, Advanced etc... know you by name.
105. When on the highway you notice a mustang/ricer that wont pass you it just stays in your rear view you see it as a sign of respect!
106. When you have this horrifying grinding sound coming from your headlight motor when it closes....
107. when your power antenna makes a horrifying sound and does not lower...
108. when you are afraid to raise/lower your power windows because it might prematurely wear them out...
109. when you wonder why is there a friggin' bump on the passenger floor board...
110. when you sit in a GTO and wonder why GM got McDonald's Happy Meal toy quality interior for your car...
111. When you whoop on someone in a race and they assume you have n2o or a blower, etc.. and cannot believe you beat them with simple bolt ons and an ls1.
112. The first thing you do when you start your car is turn OFF the traction controll...
113. For the 6spd guys*- If you get in an automatic car and almost push a hole through the floor with your left foot out of habit.
114. When you flip your turn signal lever it sounds like a twig snapping.
115. When your family goes out to dinner you never ride with them cause you want to drive your car. And also make sure no one rides with you in the process by telling them "i'll meet you there".
116. You blast the heater, so you can cruise with the T-Tops out on a cold day.
117. You stop 2 feet short of the parking curb, so you dont scrap the nose.
118. You have to fold down the back seat just to get your full load of groceries in the car.
119. You go through 6 painstaking steps just getting the front of the car high enough to wiggle under it to change oil
120. You religiously put the club on the steering wheel as an added precaution, even though your wife's car, which cost twice as much, sits in the driveway right next to it without one.
121. You regret getting where you're going not so much because you enjoy driving the car, but simply knowing that climbing out without rubbing the leather side bolsters too much is going to be a major physical effort.
122. You have a pristine, low mileage car and you still find yourself fixing something on it about once a week.
123. You drive the car all week with no opportunities, and then you take your 4x4 out on the weekend and finally get that Mustang GT to line up with you at a light. Unfortunately, it takes a calendar to measure 1/4 mile times with your truck.
124. you say goodbye to your F-Body at the first snowfall, and look at it in the garage until the Spring thaw
125. When you replace your window motors almost as often as your oil!!!
126. You have had injuries from how hard your car launches
127. when it is a habit to wave at other f-bodies, and when they don't wave back you get pissed off.
128. You see a bird in the parkinglot at night, running with only its parking lights on, and you say to yourself, "nice mod."
129. The first and last thing you do during a day is log onto LS1.com
130. when u see a regular person driving an F-body and get pissed off that they dont understand every little working part of the LS1 they are driving
131 You say a short prayer or do that Catholic thing with your fingers and the cross every time you roll up the window. A sucessful roll-up while raining results in at least 4 Thank You Jesuses!!!
132. you introduce yourself to someone, from the board, you've just met as your screen name instead of your real name.
133. You close the door with 2 fingers right on the rubber in between the window and the paint, so you don't leave fingerprints.
134. When filling up you decide you're gonna drive the beater more often, but every morning you decide you'll start driving the beater more often, starting tomorrow.
135. When you car shakes the ground so hard with the cutouts open that the fireants line up to bite your tires............
Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somebody was booooooorrrred as hell!
Old 08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

yeah they were......
Old 08-05-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

I know this is like the oldest thing ever but I can see myself agreeing with more and more of these everyday. I get in the white car and try to push the clutch down EVERY time, and try to wiggle the shifter side-to-side.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

) When you're trying to sneak out the house and you have to push your car about 2 1/2 blocks away just to turn your car so you're not heard at home....
^ive done that, 2 1/2 blocks isnt far enough away! haha

I have to do that, my neighbor is 103, I would feel pretty bad if she had a heart attack just from me starting my car in the morning......
Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Restricted User

Thats me to the T...haha...
Old 08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

pretty much.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
133. You close the door with 2 fingers right on the rubber in between the window and the paint, so you don't leave fingerprints.
That's nothing! I close my door by using only 1 finger, pushing against the keyhole so I don't get fingerprints on the paint.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

27. Your always trying to find out what that "tick" is
no. theres not ticks in my car

You too??
Old 08-05-2007, 08:39 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02hawk133
That's nothing! I close my door by using only 1 finger, pushing against the keyhole so I don't get fingerprints on the paint.
LOL I use the rubber window/belt molding.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club

My first car was a Trans-am... and I've since owned 6 f-bodies. It was a little scary reading that... 95% of them apply.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

1. I’d rather pay a shop.
2. I consider my twelve bolt to be preventative maintenance.
3. More like every few months.
4. I’d rather keep my driving privileges.
5. I don’t do that, and people that say that have never heard F1 cars in person.
6. My cars are not that loud.
7. Not me.
8. I don’t care that much.
9. Rather take pics of the girlfriend.
10. I’m a little more mature than that.
11. That’s rude and childish. There is no legitimate reason to own a car that loud that is not a purpose built race car.
12. The grill was removed from my Camaro. No bow-tie except the one on the factory emblem on the bumper cover, and that’s really small. Front plates are ugly as sin anyway.
13. I’m antisocial. I could care less what other people think for the most part.
14. Not married. The girlfriend bought a 2004 GTO because she liked it.
15. Mickey Thompson ET Drags work pretty well for me. I’m curious to see how the 26x11.5x16 M&H RaceMasters work at the track on the C5.
16. Shake a fist at me and you had better know how to use it.
17. Hasn’t happened yet.
18. My cars aren’t that loud.
19. I’ve actually gone so far as to remove the lowering springs from my Camaro. They won’t hook for **** anyway.
20. I didn’t buy any of my cars for the fuel economy. I can average 28mpg in the C5 on the highway, though.
21. I am financially responsible and wouldn’t spend money I didn’t have.
22. Why wouldn’t I? Leaning on someone’s car is ******* rude and disrespectful.
23. I mind the local authorities staring at my car.
24. I’m not conceded.
25. I don’t have time for that bullshit.
26. No, not quite.
27. I’d rather pay a shop to do it.
28. Not mine.
29. I guess some people have nothing better to do than to sit at traffic lights for their own amusement. Wow. That must be one miserable existence.
30. Not my idea of an introduction.
31. Why not just fix the ******* thing?
32. Street racing is gay.
33. Maybe I don’t break the law enough to constantly feel like a criminal. A clear conscience is a nice thing to have.
34. I can’t imagine my life being so pathetic that I cup holder would brighten up my day, let alone whole week.
35. I don’t try to impress people with my cars. Most people think of Camaros and Trans Ams as they type of car that Joe Dirt would drive. I’d rather impress someone with my wit, humor and gigantic *****.
36. I can’t imagine someone being that **** about a six, or more year old car that can trace its’ lineage directly to the IROC Camaro of the mid 1980s.
37. The horn is there for a reason. Rev your engine enough times and you are bound to draw some unwanted attention at some point.
38. It’s a ******* car. If you want it to be perfect, lock it in your climate control garage and throw away the ignition keys. Cars were built to be driven. They are not priceless artwork.
39. I can think of hundreds of things I’d rather do than take a longer route home just for ***** and giggles.
40. Never once have I put that much thought into the closing of a car door.
41. Get your **** out of the hatch before you wash the car. What am I missing here?
42. I’d look pretty ******* stupid with 26x7.5x15 Mickey Thompson Sportsmans on the back end of my car. Or if we’re talking about my street tires, I just replace them as they wear out. I wouldn’t waste money running drag radials on the front end of a rear wheel drive car.
43. I think the GM engineers did a pretty decent job for the most part.
44. I have yet to change a power window motor in an f body. They work fine.
45. If I want a car that was cheap on gas I’d buy a ******* Kia. If I wanted something fast and decent on gas I’d get a one liter sport bike. There is usually a happy medium somewhere.
46. Street racing is gay.
47. Street racing is gay.
48. My daily beater runs fine.
49. I’m usually looking for an iron engine block.
50. I’ll give in to this one. Guilty.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

51. Not married. The girlfriend could really care less. She makes more money than I do anyway.
52. I really don’t care that much.
53. Someone who would disassociate with a friend over a comment about their car doesn’t deserve friends and probably doesn’t really have any.
54. She doesn’t give a **** about Camaros or Firebirds. She likes Ferraris, though.
55. He sounds like a real angel. His parents must be so proud.
56. I spent $400 on dinner for 4 people in Manhattan on Friday night. I haven’t spent that much on detailing supplies since I bought my first car.
57. I have no idea what day my car was built on. It a car. An inanimate object. It doesn’t have a ******* birthday.
58. I’ve never been asked that question. I can’t imagine that I’d like her telling me that she loves her horses more than me. The way I look at it, my car isn’t going to cook me dinner or give me a blow job.
59. Nope. I don’t pay any attention to them. I have nothing to prove. I’ll gladly line up with a big talking ricer at the track, but I won’t do it for free.
60. I have bigger aspirations for myself.
61. Just once. I don’t have OCD.
62. That is one of the more ridiculous things I’ve read, and I’ve read some pretty ridiculous stuff just on this board alone.
63. That’s just not healthy. Life is far too short to be worried about door dings on a car with composite doors.
64. I’d like to keep my hearing ability.
65. Uh, no. I have a practice tree at home, though.
66. There aren’t any. None that I’ve seen, anyway.
67. That didn’t happen to me. I’m having the entire engine changed though.
68. I did nothing of the sort. I do, however, know when to use the words “your and “you’re”.
69. All costs? No. Not even close. I try to avoid them usually, but if my car gets dirty because of a puddle that wasn’t easily avoided, I’ll get over it. Now missing a shift and bending four intake valves. That ruined my day. I sure as **** didn’t expect any sympathy for it either.
70. Nothing I own is lowered to the point of not being able to navigate public roads. That would not be very practical.
71. I would only have them if the car was equipped with them from new. I can’t imagine installing them later.
72. Is that supposed to be difficult?
73. By casting number, my car has a “Suburban engine.”
74. This is why I love my state issued carry permit. I don’t have to depend on the cops any more.
75. I doubt that Martin Luther King had a GM vehicle on his mind when he made that famous speech of his.
76. I cringe when I think of the thousands and thousands of dollars I’ve spent on it. I think, “What the **** is wrong with me? I could have bought a car just like this, already built for half the monetary investment!” Then I think to myself, “Oh yeah, I’m still not ******* done with it…” Then I log on to LS1Tech and buy some more **** for these ******* money pits.
77. I don’t mind getting out of bed every morning. I have to get up eventually, might as well go to work. They even give me a paycheck every Friday.
78. I really don’t put that much thought into backing out of a parking spot.
79. I don’t really attend gatherings, and if I did I probably wouldn’t make a scene like that. It kind of reminds me of when a ricer sees my car in traffic headed the opposite direction, and feels the need to sound off his fart pipe, like I give a ****.
80. I’d just let him fly by me. Street racing is gay, roll racing is even worse.
81. Never happened to me. I wouldn’t make my car that loud. I don’t want to have a head ache every time I drive my car. I also value my ability to hear.
82. I do burn outs to make my tires sticky, not to impress people that I don’t know.
83. I’d feel like a real ******* if that happened to me.
84. There is no legitimate reason to do something like that.
85. That isn’t something I’d be proud of.
86. Call me crazy, but I’d rather travel an hour to the track and not worry about my car getting impounded or losing my driving privileges.
87. No. My windows go up and down just fine.
88. Not quite.
89. Never heard of it, but it doesn’t sound very appealing.
90. I really don’t give it that much thought.
91. Sounds like something a Honda owner would do.
92. It’s really not that hard to adapt.
93. I hardly ever use 6th gear, except on the highway. Most five speed cars feel just fine to me.
94. My cell phone background is the “Magma” image that was set on there by Nextel when I bought the phone.
95. That would be black/purple C5 owned by Mike Romain. That’s one incredible vehicle.
96. Most of the people I work with don’t really care about what I drive.
97. I almost never do this. I don’t want anyone’s opinion. I’d rather use the search feature and just wade through the bullshit. There are a few people whose advice I’d trust, but if you don’t search you’ll often get the wrong info anyway from some dumbshit. Some people tend to recommend parts that they have, just because they have them.
98. If someone asked me that I’d tell them that I can afford my cars because I have two jobs, put in a lot of hours, I’ve made some smart investments and I’m a gigolo on the side.
99. These parking lot horror stories don’t seem to happen to me.
100. I could really care less who notices what on my car. I built the car for me. If someone notices that area and has the nerve to point it out to me, they can ******* clean it for all I care.

Last edited by Zger; 08-05-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

101. Sounds like a nice place to live. Way to make your trailer park look like even more of a shithole. I’m sure the neighbors appreciate all the marks you leave there. Why not do some NASCAR style donuts in their front yards? I’ll bet they’d get a real kick out of that.
102. Don’t have any kids.
103. What did I blow up?
104. I’d rather they didn’t. The employees at most of those places seem like the type that can’t remember their own names, let alone the names of the customers. I prefer to buy things like spark plugs and filters online, it’s usually cheaper that way. For car wash supplies, Sears Hardware is usually pretty well stocked and they’re often cheaper.
105. That doesn’t make any sense.
106. I don’t have that problem. If I did, I’d just ******* fix it. I don’t make it a habit of driving a car with fucked up head lights. It’s not the smartest thing to do.
107. Fixed antenna on both cars.
108. That is the dumbest thing I’ve read in this entire thread. There were quite a few things that were on a Jessica Simpson level, but this… This is borderline George W. Bush talk. I am truly embarrassed on behalf LS1 owners everywhere.
109. Doesn’t bother me, I don’t spend much time there.
110. It make’s perfect sense to me. The car is built in Australia, not in the states where assembly line workers make entirely too much money for the job’s they do. I hate hearing people bitch when car makers move their plants to Mexico to cut costs. Why wouldn’t they? It makes no sense to pay somebody fifty grand a year or more to do a job that Ricardo Sanchez in Tijuana will do with pride for ten thousand a year with no benefits. If Ricardo were to go on strike, they’d have a hundred ************* in line waiting to take that job that day.
111. My Camaro ran pretty good (low low 12s full weight) with just bolt ons, but that sounds like an exaggeration to me.
112. What traction control?
113. I switch back and forth and this doesn’t really happen to me.
114. Feels like normal GM to me.
115. Think of this when you’re bitching about filling your gas tank a few lines up. Call me crazy, but it I’m happy to let someone else drive me around. Hell, some people even pay other people to drive them around. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? These out-of-the-box thinkers can usually be found in large cities and near airports. They have a tendency to paint their cars yellow.
116. Hard tops only for this guy. Although driving around with your tops off and the heater is like blasting your stereo with ear plugs in your ears to me. Just sounds like a dumb thing to do.
117. That just sounds like common sense. I’d do that with any car,
118. I don’t haul groceries in my car. I use my daily beater for menial tasks like that.
119. I guess wood blocks have gotten significantly more complicated since I drove up on them last week. Jacking up a car really isn’t rocket science, folks.
120. I don’t own one of those. I have secure garage, a good insurance policy and a very large collection of fire arms. Come and get it, I dare you.
121. If I were that genuinely concerned, I’d invest in seat covers.
122. My car’s aren’t low mileage and pristine. They’re certainly respectable, but I drive the **** out of them. I don’t drive them in the snow, but that’s about the only thing that would keep my cars at home if I felt like driving them. That’s what they were built for.
123. Street racing is gay.
124. **** that. If I feel like driving my car, I’m driving the damn thing. If I get some salt on it, I’ll wash it off. It’s really not a big deal to me. Especially on the C5. Fiberglass body, aluminum frame. That **** won’t rust.
125. If I did that, I would have replaced multiple engines by now.
126. That’s just silly.
127. I don’t wave at anyone unless I know them.
128. Pull the e-brake handle up one notch. Again, not rocket science.
129. Wouldn’t they have to pay for the server space before I’d be able to do that?
130. My girlfriend bought a 2004 GTO, she doesn’t give a flying **** about how it works. She gets the car serviced at the Chevy dealer, I have enough **** to do with my own cars. As long as it starts and gets her around, she doesn’t care what’s going on under the hood. She has more important things to worry about.
131. My car must be blessed then. I don’t have these window troubles that seem to plague every other Camaro or Firebird built.
132. Nope. I’m Jake, that’s how I introduce myself. It’s not hard to figure out who I am online. I’m the same cynical ***** in person that I am online.
133. It’s a car, not a ******* china cabinet. Close it by the door handle.
134. I drove the C5 back and forth to work every day this week, I averaged 26mpg. I can’t complain. I drive the beater to keep the mileage off the Camaro and the C5. I don’t mind buying gas, but every time I mash the go pedal I’m not surprised when the gas gauge drops. It’s a simple case of cause and effect. This is not brain surgery.
135. Cut outs on street cars are in my mind. They should be used at the track only, not on a street car that barely makes enough horsepower to cause the stock cat back to become a restriction. If you want to make noise, buy your self some air horns and a kazoo. They’ll annoy people just as much as a cut out, but at a greatly reduced price. It doesn’t matter if a car was built by Honda, Chevy or Ferrari… Slow cars with loud pipes are ******* lame. I’ve personally seen 13 second Z28s and T/As going down the track that were a lot louder than my 500+hp 408 Camaro. That just isn’t a cool thing to do. I can understand wanting to have a nice stealthy exhaust for cruising around on the street, then uncorking it at the strip for max power. It’s entirely different to think that driving around in your basically stock car with exhaust loud enough to set of car alarms is cool. It just isn’t.

Last edited by Zger; 08-05-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02hawk133
Being able to close my doors with 2 fingers is a fantasy lol. Mine requires 2 hands. 1 to SLAM and the other to hold the t-top rubber out of the way if the window is up lol
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I get a kick out of being loud *** hell, has gotten alot of lights flashing behind me. But when a cop lets you go because your car sounds mean as hell, now that's priceless. But just about 90% of that is 100% true. Glad ya did that, frickin cool.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too many of them apply to me
Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Teching In

You're a retard Zger. Go get a life instead of ripping on everyone else's passions. While you're at it, GIVE your car to somebody who actually likes it.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Teching In

haha i love #34. guilty!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You know you drive an F body when: