Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV
View Poll Results: Decide where to put my $500!!
Strano swaybars, Poly motor mounts, poly bushings
14.29%
Billet Grill, Torque Arm, Torque Arm relocation Mount
57.14%
Front Koni's, Torque Arm
14.29%
Strano Swaybars, Billet Grill, + motor mounts
28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

What should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I get?

I've put the car on hold while paying off my debts. Well I've got my credit cards paid off so I figure it's time for a gift to myself before I get the car paid off. I've alloted myself $500 bucks, just enough for a couple presents but I don't know which to get so figured I'd let you guys vote. Right now I've got a cam, 78mm fast manifold, P+P TB, SFC's, AR headers, Corsa cat-back, Koni rear shocks, new valve springs, pushrods, ported oil pump, rollmaster timing chain, and HPTuners, and clear corners. I'm not looking for rims and don't need rubber right now, and am also alloting for some tint when I get home besides the $500. I'm looking for more handling, and appearance, the power is what I want right now (more then the suspension can handle lol), and I'm not looking to lower the car anytime soon. So let's hear it!

If you have different suggestions let me know!

Last edited by camaroguy26; 02-11-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely get the grill, torque arm, and relocation mount. No questions.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Definitely get the grill, torque arm, and relocation mount. No questions.
If you get a new adj TA that is relocated off the tranny, be careful with your selection and ground clearance, if that matters to you... I bought the spohn one and I've smacked the **** outta it a couple times on speed bumps, etc..
Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't see you had a rear under your car, I'd vote save for a rear
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
If you get a new adj TA that is relocated off the tranny, be careful with your selection and ground clearance, if that matters to you... I bought the spohn one and I've smacked the **** outta it a couple times on speed bumps, etc..
i agree about clearance, make sure thats not an issue with which ta u get, make sure u can get in ur driveway! *im having problems because of clearence getting into my driveway and i dont even have a ta*

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
good suggestion, but if ure not really "pounding" on the car per say, u can let that go. i'd do the suspension for sure, and take the advice to save for a rear if ure planning to be racing the car
Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
I would love for a rearend but the thing is I haven't been to the track for 2 years and don't plan on going a lot for a while until I do get a rear. And when I do go I'm not going to throw slicks on which I know it's not a fail safe for the rear but it will help. Anyways it's not a top priority right now since I'm saving and paying off debts before my Air Force enlistment is up, but I wanted to get a little something to spoil myself

And which TA do you guys suggest that gives the best clearance? I already have a problem with clearance in the jersey roads, that's the reason I don't wanna lower the car, but the clearance issue really isn't a problem except when I'm going over speed bumps. I generally stay out of steep driveways since I've already gouged out my corsa tips that way, and try to avoid any other steep spots.

The relocation kit I want I believe is the UMI where it can still use the stock TA, but I saw it listed at the strano website. Anybody have experiences or thoughts with that kit?

And what about billet grills? There are soooo many of them out there which one has the best quality without being the most expensive?

Thanks for all of the replies so far!