Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone catch Knight Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone catch Knight Rider

If you saw Knight Rider tonight leave an opinion...
I saw it and despite the fact the car is a gt500 kr the show wasnt too bad. Had the same cheesy dialogue as the original and all. The theme song is cooler this time around
Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

i saw most of it, it seemed ok wasnt paying all that much attention to it. Basically and hour and a half ford advertisment. Kind of reminded me of that movie with the GTO when it first came out years ago... ahh whatever there really wasnt much else on LOL.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
i saw most of it, it seemed ok wasnt paying all that much attention to it. Basically and hour and a half ford advertisment. Kind of reminded me of that movie with the GTO when it first came out years ago... ahh whatever there really wasnt much else on LOL.
x2 it was like one long ford advertisment i dont see this show lasting that long but what do i no?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

I entered to win the car.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Hey at least you got to see the Gm Tpi motor sitting in the shop. Hey I like the Ford Suv keeping up with the Million dollar car sports car.

John
Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

everyone in the lounge thread thinks it sucked donkey ***** but i didnt think it was that bad. people seem to forget that it wasnt a Multi-million dollar blockbuster and that the original was just as cheesey if not more. yeah it was a huge Ford commercial but GM had Transformers which was a blockbuster hit!! Acting was sub-par....Storyline stunk but its allways about the cars just as the original. thats my take on it.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:15 AM
9 Second Club

Watched it for 40 min and 30 of those were just a Ford commercial. It sucked.
Car sucks too.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrhzk35404
I entered to win the car.
Dido, that way I can sell it at Barret-Jackson and and buy a ZR1, as for the show.........
Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 AM

Like said, Giant Ford comeercial. And really the f*&@ing Expidition keeping up with the Cobra in the twisties, come on. Also what's up with keeping showing the F@#$ing cobra symbol. The old show never mentioned the car was a T/A.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The hole budget for that film was paid by ford but even with all that advance technology the mustangs are still slow. The ******* expedition was keeping up with the hole way lol.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

shows how much you guys know...it was a Ford Edge......
Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

i agree with you guys for the most part, i just liked hearing the song again.... memories
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TNTramair
shows how much you guys know...it was a Ford Edge......
It doesnt matter it's still an suv.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Default FBI agent

No one has mentioned the Lesbian FBI agent...nice....
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
Hey at least you got to see the Gm Tpi motor sitting in the shop. Hey I like the Ford Suv keeping up with the Million dollar car sports car.

John
props to the TPI pic............ I thought the wing looked like crap...
too much talky----talky more action I fell in and out of sleep and most of the scenes of the car at warp speed were so dark you couldn't see any thing.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger
No one has mentioned the Lesbian FBI agent...nice....
Werd! I wasn't paying attention to the show, but I did catch that part! I'm a Ford guy and still thought it sucked.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree it was very much the Ford commercial show. The commercials were funny that it was always for the Focus and not the mustang they could be pushing easier due to the show.

I'll break it up like this; likes/dislikes
I like it having muscle car V8powered
I like the lesbian FBI agent BOINK!
I like the idea of the guy being Michael Knights son (better would be his hot big titted daughter... J/K)
I like the updated version of the music

Dislikes
I hate every car has to be a ford in the show
I hate car is so much more unbelievable now ex.(shape shifting)-The old KITT was alot more believable. Super hard coating that is indesctructable, super quiet mode,turbo boost was cool and much more believable then microchip shape shifting crap! Hell even the new Kitt that the back lifted up, flap out panels to slow him down the rising hood and spoiler was more believable!!!!!!!
I hate the fake looking back out of the jet thing (the backing out of the bigrig was real and badmofoazz)
I hate the computer generated crappyness effects
I hate a Ford EDGE can keep up with a KITT car in the curves etc LMAO! That was soo bad
I hate the picture of the 305TPI if you remember KITTS motor looked nothing like the stocker!!!!!!

Finally-I'll watch the show a couple times to give it a shot, its one of very few car shows out there. One of my best car shows was Knight Rider. I loved the battles with Goliath (big rig also indestructable) The evil KITT can't remeber that ones name. OH OH and i love the KITT call outs for racing periodically on some shows. I remember a purple Tbucket with blower calling him out and just smokes his azz.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zturd
I agree it was very much the Ford commercial show. The commercials were funny that it was always for the Focus and not the mustang they could be pushing easier due to the show.

I'll break it up like this; likes/dislikes
I like it having muscle car V8powered
I like the lesbian FBI agent BOINK!
I like the idea of the guy being Michael Knights son (better would be his hot big titted daughter... J/K)
I like the updated version of the music

Dislikes
I hate every car has to be a ford in the show
I hate car is so much more unbelievable now ex.(shape shifting)-The old KITT was alot more believable. Super hard coating that is indesctructable, super quiet mode,turbo boost was cool and much more believable then microchip shape shifting crap! Hell even the new Kitt that the back lifted up, flap out panels to slow him down the rising hood and spoiler was more believable!!!!!!!
I hate the fake looking back out of the jet thing (the backing out of the bigrig was real and badmofoazz)
I hate the computer generated crappyness effects
I hate a Ford EDGE can keep up with a KITT car in the curves etc LMAO! That was soo bad
I hate the picture of the 305TPI if you remember KITTS motor looked nothing like the stocker!!!!!!

Finally-I'll watch the show a couple times to give it a shot, its one of very few car shows out there. One of my best car shows was Knight Rider. I loved the battles with Goliath (big rig also indestructable) The evil KITT can't remeber that ones name. OH OH and i love the KITT call outs for racing periodically on some shows. I remember a purple Tbucket with blower calling him out and just smokes his azz.
Evil Kitt's name was K.A.R.R.

i just realized that they didnt even use one of the features that made the original KITT a success....Turbo Boost!!! he didnt jump a ****** thing...lol.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

YEAH KARR!!! That was one BAD ****!!! What was the white KITT called? I remember a white one. Or was that when KITT and KARR were going at it so they knew which one was which? Its a bit blurry in my head.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

nah..wasnt white....it was black with lower silver/grey trim...unless theres another one i dont remember but im a big fan and have seen pretty much all of the episodes..lol.