BS gun laws again in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default BS gun laws again in NJ

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bi...500/339_I1.PDF

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3599

They're at it again...well in order to "stop crime" NJ assembly has limited buying a handgun to one a month.

So while the state takes their sweet *** time delivering your handgun permits, not only are you rushed to purchase one within 90 days, but you also have to only use one a month.

This wouldn't work in my house...in the course of two months we bought 7 pistols lol.

Those in NJ...write a letter.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No surprise there, NJ blows. Grew up there and lived there for my first 21yrs of my existence...I will NEVER move back...especially now that I'm looking at houses...property tax there, corrupt government and stupid laws FTL.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm dying to get out of this left wing infested **** hole. It's funny.. i have FL carry permit, i am trusted to carry in numerous other states, yet in NJ it would be blasphemy. Not only that but i may only be able to buy one pistol a month, which sucks even more because getting a handgun permit is almost the same as winning teh lottery
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

I love how these idiots put new laws into action for the good people but for the people that do not care. They will get a gun or carry a gun when and how they please. No sense in making rules for people to not follow them. Instead you punish the guy trying to follow the rules. Makes as much sense as welfare.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

PK I feel your pain. It took me 6 months just to get my handgun license. One handgun a month in NJ is still better than NYC. In NYC I have to wait three months between purchases. I have to apply for an application to purchase another handgun in person between 9 and 12 monday through friday. Then I have to wait for the application to be approved (usually takes a month). Then after I get approved for the application I have to pick it up in person again between 9 and 12. I then have 30 days to go and purchase another handgun but have 72 hours after purchase to bring it to 1 Police Plaza to be inspected. In a best case scenario I have to take 2 days off of work and wait 3 months to get another handgun. I don't mean to rant but something is really wrong with the gun control laws. The only people being controlled are the ones following the laws. Where do you shoot in NJ?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Deezl SS
PK I feel your pain. It took me 6 months just to get my handgun license. One handgun a month in NJ is still better than NYC. In NYC I have to wait three months between purchases. I have to apply for an application to purchase another handgun in person between 9 and 12 monday through friday. Then I have to wait for the application to be approved (usually takes a month). Then after I get approved for the application I have to pick it up in person again between 9 and 12. I then have 30 days to go and purchase another handgun but have 72 hours after purchase to bring it to 1 Police Plaza to be inspected. In a best case scenario I have to take 2 days off of work and wait 3 months to get another handgun. I don't mean to rant but something is really wrong with the gun control laws. The only people being controlled are the ones following the laws. Where do you shoot in NJ?
I thought i had it bad lol. I shoot at central jersey rifle and pistol club. I waited 3 months for my permits..my mom waited 6 months..i know of people who have waited a year...even though NJ law is 30 days.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Launching!

NJ laws suck period. Now get ready to pay more in Taxes to dig this state out of the debt ridden **** hole the politicians(sorry legal crooks) have gotten us in to again.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

doesnt it suck that everytime you get a permit you need to rewrite everything and get prolly the same ppl for referrals....im sure the guys at the state barricks know you very well lol ( in a good way that is)

-brandon
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
doesnt it suck that everytime you get a permit you need to rewrite everything and get prolly the same ppl for referrals....im sure the guys at the state barricks know you very well lol ( in a good way that is)

-brandon
sorry brandon, i have to go to my stupid *** town. Which takes FOREVER to get anything done because they usually have some stupid kid doing all of the permits. He likes to forget about sending references out and such.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

ive been waiting for my most recent permit since before christmas. i also needed my firearms ID card updated with my new address. im STILL waiting on the permit. the cop called last friday and said 'monday or tues. itll be done, come by and pick it up'. yesterday, friday, i went there, and he was JUST starting to type up the ID card. and what happens next.....the fat pig capt. walks out RIGHT when im getting my card....so ill have to wait till monday to get the permit. i bought pistols a few years ago, and i never remember it taking this long.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

well if hillary or obama get in office they will be taking all of are guns away, except for the killers on the streets with the stolen guns of course
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SStealth00
well if hillary or obama get in office they will be taking all of are guns away, except for the killers on the streets with the stolen guns of course
Old 03-01-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ping King
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bi...500/339_I1.PDF

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3599

They're at it again...well in order to "stop crime" NJ assembly has limited buying a handgun to one a month.

So while the state takes their sweet *** time delivering your handgun permits, not only are you rushed to purchase one within 90 days, but you also have to only use one a month.
Unreal.
While I personally would have no problems with this law (I might buy one or two handguns total throughout my whole life LOL), I still don't see their point.
1) Most criminals who commit crimes with handguns AREN'T going through the system anyway and 2) any criminal who's going to commit a crime with a handgun can do it just as easily with just one gun/one waiting period anyway.
I love a lot of things about this state but there are some elements (real estate, insurance, fuel, toll costs and **** type gun laws among them) that just plain SUCK.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

I am glad i live in Pa. Much easier to get a carriers permit and no b.s. permit needed to purchase handguns.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrhzk35404
I am glad i live in Pa. Much easier to get a carriers permit and no b.s. permit needed to purchase handguns.
Among other reasons, that was one of my motivations for considering a move just over the border LOL.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

PA is getting bad with their taxes though guys, PA will soon become the next NJ.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frosty
PA is getting bad with their taxes though guys, PA will soon become the next NJ.
We can have that *** of a Gov. to thank. Rendell.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

well today is the day..well see what goes on.

Funny thing is i just spoke to my dad in FL...he just bought a glock 27 to carry and my mom just bought a kel-tech 9 to carry.....walked into a gun show..walked out with a gun.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ping King
Funny thing is i just spoke to my dad in FL...he just bought a glock 27 to carry and my mom just bought a kel-tech 9 to carry.....walked into a gun show..walked out with a gun.
Wow, I was considering a move to Florida years ago...might have to reconsider that.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

All a law like this encourages is the transfer of guns without registration. Have to find people yourself and transfer the guns, instead of going to dealers. Makes solving crimes a lot more fun for police when they have to trace the gun through unrecorded sales, when if they would just let people register them when and how they want, they would at least be on record.