Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I can't wait for my car to be finished

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I can't wait for my car to be finished

So, some of you may know I tore into my car to get some more weight out of it during winter, but then I got extremely busy at work and haven't had a chance to put it back together yet. I had to bow out of the LTX Shootout, because I have no way of getting it back together in time and now the local series I race in has put an article about me on their homepage. http://www.nashootout.com/ with the full article here http://www.nashootout.com/jp.htm

This is cool but, it also sucks because now I want to get more involved but don't have the time...

Argh, I just wish I had the time to get this damn thing back together without missing too many races...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice article john! im starting to think im gonna break the record b4 you
Old 03-26-2008, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah It's definitly possible.

I was just told by my project manager that I will be working through the weekend again...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

OK, I had some time to work on the car over the weekend...

I made some progress but didn't get the car back together fully, but the seat is mounted and I have the wheels swapped out so that I can get the slicks mounted. Hey Fran I will bring them by later this week, I hope. I got the headlights remounted (pic 1, pic 2), and started putting things back together. I don't have any other pics but I have gotten the fenders remounted, and the hood drilled for the hood pins, all 4 hood pins mounted and set to the right height...

All that's left is to make spacers to keep the hood up on the pins (and off the motor), rivet on the hood pin scuff guards, remount the cowl, wipers, and nose, and get the tires to Fran's shop to swap the drag radials for the new slicks, then remount them.

I was hoping to have the interior and new lightweight carpet installed before the first NA shootout event at Cecil, but I don't see that happening...
Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

geeze john u ripped that thing apart huh? i really wanan cut weigh tout of my car, but i can wait before i have days like that lol.... awesome job tho as always!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:47 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks Tony,

But this is why you always here that you will never have a record setting car that is also your daily driver, I tried it that way but couldn't come close, I droped more then .5 second just by pulling all the weight from the HVAC, stereo, and getting good suspension, so I am sure sine I have already pulled out another almost 60-70# I can at least get her into the 11's and switching from the 28" tire back down to a 26" slick with a little more bite I should be able to knock a little off my 60' that will help me get closer to my goals. Sooner or later I need to address my suspension though since I still have stock LCA's, PHB, Torque arm, and rear springs, and in the front I have QA1's but all the heavy weight arms and K-member...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, good job John.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

with the right air and right prep i think by the end of this season the record will be urs....