Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LVD '08 Newsletter.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LVD '08 Newsletter.....

Well, just like thousands of you people out there, I got the '08 LVD newsletter today. It thanked everyone who participated during '07 season and talked a little about what'll happen for '08. Biggest thing they said (IMO) was that they will finally be installing new bathroom facilities at LVD! I first raced at LVD in 1966. They have had the same grotesque bathrooms since then. Whenever I brought family, friends, etc. to LVD, they were all completely pretty much grossed-out by the putrid rest room facilities. Thank you, LVD owners and operators. I'm sure all the competitors and fans will be happier w/new, clean and health/plumbing code approved rest rooms.WJ
Old 04-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I was suprised when I saw that, I wonder if the 40 foot long bee's nest in the top of the bathroom had anything to do with it LOL I think they had taken over finally.

I'll give the place some credit, they have done alot in the last year or so to help, other then the rental I went to with a friend of mine at the end of last season that they never cleaned any rubber off the starting line, and it was probably 6 inches deep at the end of the day, the track prep has been a good bit better then it has been in the past, the scoring system certainly has been working better, the lights are all working now, and if they could just get the scale to work all the time, they'd be in good shape.

Now, if we could get them to pave the entrance to the pits, so you didn't have to drive thru the friggin dirt to get into the place, it would be great. NEd needs to pave their damn pits too, who the hell wants to pit on gravel? I hate that ****. Rocks all over tires all the time, ya can't lay down and get under the car without getting covered in mud, that **** just sucks.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah the original bathrooms were horrible, and the trailers they've been using the past 2 years are only a tiny step up.

But when Howie Commander became promoter in '05 I believe, most I talked to felt he would do a good job with the place, and it sure seems like he has thus far.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wednesday nights start in May, I'm looking forward to making some passes in nice cool spring air. And yeah, LVD's bathroom trailer FTL.