Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Performance Auto Fabrication's Scaling,Suspension tuning and OPEN HOUSE!!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Auto Fabrication's Scaling,Suspension tuning and OPEN HOUSE!!

Ok on Aug 23, 2008 looks like were gonna do a scaling and suspension tuning day, for those intrested please list your suspension modification that you have on your car.In order for us to tune your suspension you need to have front coilovers and a adjustable sway bar (dragbar).Adjustable lca's would be a plus as well!!Thanks..... Also we will be having a open house at this time i will be providing Hotdogs,Hamburger,chips and soda!During the time tyson is getting busy on everyones car our shop will be open for you guys to check out whats going on at Paf.This will be a great time for everyone to get to meet the staff at paf and see some of the work we do with your own eye's.I only have a limited amount of spots open so please call ahead to make sure you lock your spot up for the tuning, scaling etc.I welcome everyone out that day to check us out and hangout!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there! Even though Tyson already set my car up!!! I'm in for the food! Setting up the suspension/scaling the car is often overlooked, but is huge in getting your car to hook and go straight...I learned alot when he did mine...TTT guys!

--Alan
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad you guys are doing this, I need to double check my schedule but I will try and make it...

I do have a question about the requirement of an adjustable swaybar, if I have a spohn stock style 1" rear bar but modified the ends to be adjustable like their Pro-Series. I pretty much have the poly mounts on the top and bottom torqued down pretty tight to allow just a little movement and a turnbuckle between them to adjust preload. Like I said like Spohn's Pro-Series, but instead on having the rod ends and adjuster it has poly mounts and an adjuster, is that OK?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Tyson was able to adjust my preload the best he could when I had the poly ended Spohn 1" bar although it was not optimal, but it sounds like you have a better set up for that with the pro series style adjusters...When I switched to the Pro series bar he was able to get the preload spot on...I'm sure he'll chime in...

--Alan
Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think he can work with that.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
I'm glad you guys are doing this, I need to double check my schedule but I will try and make it...

I do have a question about the requirement of an adjustable swaybar, if I have a spohn stock style 1" rear bar but modified the ends to be adjustable like their Pro-Series. I pretty much have the poly mounts on the top and bottom torqued down pretty tight to allow just a little movement and a turnbuckle between them to adjust preload. Like I said like Spohn's Pro-Series, but instead on having the rod ends and adjuster it has poly mounts and an adjuster, is that OK?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

should be fine.. do you have any pics of your set-up
Old 07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ABA383
I'll be there! Even though Tyson already set my car up!!! I'm in for the food! Setting up the suspension/scaling the car is often overlooked, but is huge in getting your car to hook and go straight...I learned alot when he did mine...TTT guys!

--Alan
you would just come for the food!!lmao!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Indukted1
you would just come for the food!!lmao!!
make sure to bring plenty of donuts...sorry alan...couldn't resist
Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Put me on the list! How much is this gonna cost????
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
make sure to bring plenty of donuts...sorry alan...couldn't resist
You bring the donuts and I'll bring the taser....seems like a fair deal!

--Alan
Old 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ABA383
You bring the donuts and I'll bring the taser....seems like a fair deal!

--Alan
so I can tase you while eating donuts....COOL
Old 07-23-2008, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

How much $$$$$$$$$ ?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We like to offer a discounted rate but its all gonna be determined by how many cars show up!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok i need to know by aug 9 exactly who's coming to get there suspension set up! so either call me at the shop or let me know on here! Thank you and i really appreciate it.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The prices for Paf's suspension tuning day are as followed:
Scaling only $50.00
We will be taking $50.00 off our normal price of suspension tuning.Regular price is $350.00 which consist of squaring the rear front to back and side to side.Digitally setting your pinion angle.And setting the pre load of the rear using scales!Suspension tuning day price $300.00.I also would like to take this time to say even if your not coming to get your suspenion tuned please feel free to come and hangout with us and check out the shop this also is our open house, again we will have hotdogs,hamburgers,chips and soda! It will be a good time.The suspension tuning starts at 9am and will run till the last cars done.Grilling starts at 11am.See you guys there. Also dont forget to reserve your spot if you are getting your car scaled or having the suspention tuned! Thanks!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

This should be a fun day! Like i said even if your not coming to get your suspension tuned we are still having a open house! Everyone is invited to come and hangout!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,I have a buddy who needs a CM 6 point swing out done in a GTO
One question though,would it still be NHRA legal to have the center bar removable?

I know the hoop and rear bars and what not should go to the frame and or rocker boxes but he want the center bar to be about to come out so people can get into the rear seats.He wanted the rear side rear bars to stay close to the outter cushions and follow along the rear panel into the trunk but the center bar to have a clevis on either side so he could remove it when putting people in the rear seats?

Is this legal for up to 10.00???
Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn it, I just did my budget for the month and can't swing it...

The $1500 on the brake stuff last month that I still haven't installed yet killed my race budget for the rest of the season...
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JS
Hey guys,I have a buddy who needs a CM 6 point swing out done in a GTO
One question though,would it still be NHRA legal to have the center bar removable?

I know the hoop and rear bars and what not should go to the frame and or rocker boxes but he want the center bar to be about to come out so people can get into the rear seats.He wanted the rear side rear bars to stay close to the outter cushions and follow along the rear panel into the trunk but the center bar to have a clevis on either side so he could remove it when putting people in the rear seats?

Is this legal for up to 10.00???

no...has to be welded to be NHRA/IHRA legal...
Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that sucks,I kinda thought so

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Auto Fabrication's Scaling,Suspension tuning and OPEN HOUSE!!